DCS 2.5.X Screenshots (2018)

Da, set timer on bomb at one and half a second, skip it across water against fascist hull. Cool communist don’t look at explosion.

2 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: DCS Georgia SAM Sites (SAMspam)

Oh…that flashing “X”–I thought it was the jet saying “Whoa, Extreme and …like really tubular Extreme!”

2 Likes

The F-14 was not a good strafing platform. The reason, it’s gun was angled slightly up to be more effective in A2A deflection shots. So when it needed to strafe, it had to kind of point it’s nose “more down”.

In the A-7 the gun was angled down to facilitate strafing…so not so good in a A2A gun dogfight.

We should ask about the Bug’s and Harrier’s gun alignment.

I would guess the Bug is up and the Harrier down from sim experience and the expected roles the gun was to play in both planes’ missions.

As Dale Gribble would say, “You know what Ford stands for, don’t ya? Fix it again, Tony!”

3 Likes

Thanks, I think (I hope) it won’t take that long anymore.

Btw, you might be looking for this.

Includes VFA-15 Commemorative Scheme.

3 Likes
1 Like

Having some fun with the new Sa-2s. Hopefully one day we can get some medium and large caliber Soviet AAA to go with it lol

3 Likes

Hornet/Rhino is angled upwards.

1 Like

Are those revetments an in game object or a mod?

Unfortunately they are a mod. They are part of an object pack produced by the guys at the 476th vFG. I’ve never have quite figured out why ED hasn’t included something similar in to the base game.

3 Likes

4 Likes

To add to that.

Joining up on @AeroMechanical server, thanks for hosting.

Meeting up with @Maclean, @near_blind and @klarsnow who have been poodling around the skies for a bit. They are heading to the tanker and it is near my spawn point. So form up and wait for the thirsty birds to come.

Its a short wait and @Maclean and @near_blind join up for a drink

Then its @klarsnow and my turn to top up only to find that the previous two had sucked the tanker almost dry, who promptly retracts his hoses.

Another tanker is called in and we finish the job.

After playing chase around the sky with @AeroMechanical and Charlie5, its time to break off and find some enemies inbound on us. I can’t remember were there 3 or four?

@klarsnow takes control and as he does, expertly sets us up for attack. Under orders I am first to attack whilst @klarsnow and @near_blind set to cover my retreat.

Action shot time. Its hard to get a good picture on the other guys as I can’t tell when they are going to fire. I wish the replay have a reverse time command so if you saw something you can wind back and screenshot it.
Me…

@near_blind

@klarsnow

Some of the enemy

@klarsnow and I reform up and head to the tanker whilst @near_blind buzzes @AeroMechanical and Charlie.

Just a little sip of fuel to get to the ship and we meet up with @near_blind to land on the carrier.

Hooks down

@near_blind looks like he is flying backwards. I am guessing the contrails are a bit funky from last patch.

There is a small confession to make. I thought engagement of the migs went very well. Especially as I wasn’t locked once. I thought that strange as I was the first in against the wall of migs.

Then almost at the end of the scuffle, I realised I hadn’t turned on my RWR……. Oh the sense of invulnerability that give…:thinking:

10 Likes

Hey, good job guys, it was pretty good engagement for trying a slightly different tactic. Really looking forward to datalink because it will make maintaining that kind of fight a lot easier with the higher SA on both friends and enemies.
Little hint, you can 100% fight a bvr engagement without an RWR, just assume you are spiked and always go out at the earliest opportunity, and never get inside of the kinematic capability of your opponents missiles unless you are 100% sure they are not spiking you: IE they are spiking someone else, or you are outside the Field of view of their radar.

1 Like

Hey thanks for joining and providing some traffic- That was Charlie5’s first go in the Bug and PG map (free weekend!) and it’s always more fun when the skies are a little busy.

2 Likes

I’m a pretty good 3D modeler for FSX (I’m an old guy; I still use gMax) - just buildings, bunkers, and weapons and stuff…my aircraft all look like pregnant guppies …but I can do simple “airplane on a stick” models for the gates of air bases.

Do you know or can you point me to a forum, etc for making DCS compatible scenery?

1 Like

Stupid plane! (kick) Ouch!

11 Likes

lol! so how do you vacate a plane without riding the seat out?

You fly a helicopter instead.

1 Like

Oh, I rode the seat out, after I had hit the bush and there was a fire.

Issue is taking off in the Mig-21 at Max TO weight. You essentially need full flaps and 400 kph, but at that point its like riding a bronco–bounces every bump.

I tried a little less speed with the idea that I would go into a low transition to build up speed once my gear was up…never had a chance to get the gear up …the stupid, stupid plane kept going nose high and stalling…slamming me back on the runway…finally slamming me so hard that I blacked out…when I awoke I was minus lading gear sliding sideways across the desert until I hit this bush and caught fire…

…Stupid plane!

3 Likes