DCS 2.5.X Screenshots (2018)

Love that first shot schurem. Wow

Bonsoir!

A couple from tonight with @near_blind @Tankerwade @wareagle

Thanks Nearblind for explaining all of the radar questions patiently while working through all the bugs. I feel like a have a better idea of the radar.

4 Likes

Trying out the new PFM on the MiG-29. Holy shifting CoG and constant need for retrimming, this really IS a handful to fly now…

…and also to land. Not exactly sure how this happened.

Fun fact: DCS apparently tracks fuel level when deciding how long your plane burns. I touched down (as it were) at less than 450 kg, and as you can see, the flames went out very quickly:

Also, protip: she needs a much gentler hand now taxiing and taking off. No more rounding the corner and shoving the throttles into full afterburner- that put me right into the runway barrier on my first attempted takeoff. Not to mention that as soon as you’re airborne the aerodynamic loads seem to want to immediately bounce you back down into the runway. Still, this should be fun re-learning.

6 Likes

The SM-2s and CIWS could stand for a tune up, but otherwise the Ticos have become utterly disgustingly good in the most recent patch.

6 Likes

The 29 is notorious for tail strikes. That gear needed to be a bit longer or located further aft or something because it’s far too easy to over rotate on take off or come in too nose high on landing.

Meanwhile, I defy you to tail strike an F-35. :slight_smile:

My best landing so far. One wing started burning after the second bounce or so. Shutting down the plane also doused the fire.

3 Likes

When did that happen? I’ve not been keeping up… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yesterday. JUST dropped in the latest update.

3 Likes

Woo-hoo…she’s fun! Blew my tires on takeoff because uh…no flaps…and had to remap my control axes midway down the runway (hey…left rudder should not add power…haha…)…

11 Likes

…and of course you show us all up and grease it in for a perfect landing on the first attempt. :smiley:

Oh it wasn’t perfect…with the two already blown tires it was a bit of a mess, but it worked out. I was probably overweight too…

1 Like

Wouldn’t an Su-25UTG be great? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

You should open up your own dev studio.

Do I get to keep the Kickstarter money in case things…uh…don’t pan out?

4 Likes

Not sure, I’ll see if I can find Dave Kinney and Ilya and ask them.

3 Likes

Nah, Su-22UM3 is more unique. And faster.

But can it…carrier??? Mmmm…delicious…

2 Likes

Using the Russian way of duct tape, bailing wire, and a bent AK barrel for a hook? Totally!

Add a little vodka, too.

2 Likes

United States Naval Test Pilot School, based on the F/A-18F and F/A-18B.

11 Likes

Outstanding mate!

Here I am sitting shaking in the pit after the hairiest landing ever courtesy of @Anklebiter

5 Likes