DCS 2.5.X Screenshots (2018)

It’s quite a challenge, that’s for sure! The only way to spot SAMs is to look for the smoke of a launch and a small moving dot. Fortunately, you can skirt the edge of the envelope and take evasive with the SA-11, and since the scenario only has two launchers you only need to dodge 8 missiles. Less if the other A-4 gets shot at!

Yeah, the doppler navigation system is the only way to fly. It’s imperfect but with a sharp eye it gets you close enough.

Cool, could you post the miz file?

Sure, but bear in mind it’s still WIP.
a4e_c1m1.miz (17.7 KB)

1 Like

10 Likes

Is the Shrike actually implemented?

Yes it is

1 Like

Yup, and behaves fairly realistically (tracks radar beams, so if a radar is pointing off to the side it will track the beam rather than the source).

1 Like

Giving the Mav’s on the Hornet a go, its nice to finally have something with alittle stand off.

I really wish we could get Heatblurs F-14B model in game before the launch, the more I see it the harder it is to look at the current model.

6 Likes

Wow that takes me back to Flanker 2.5! :smile:

2 Likes

The peninsula around Khasab airport is really gorgeous…let’s drop some bombs on it :grinning:

12 Likes

14 Likes

Flanker thought he didn’t have to worry about my A-4. He gun-gun’d in the butt-butt.

6 Likes

While lugging a full egg basket. That better be multiplayer. Or else that FM is slightly suspect.

3 Likes

”It’s the man, not the machine”
— C. Yeager

4 Likes

“Don’t be too proud of this technological terror you’ve constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.”
— D. Vader

6 Likes

“Damn everything but the circus”
– E. E. Cummings

3 Likes

“Burp”
– N. Weersink

3 Likes

“What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?”
-W. C. Fields

5 Likes

“I say, Jane,” I’d say to my wife, “the garden’s looking very homosexual this morning.”

-J.H.C. Laurie

3 Likes

“I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.”

― Woody Allen

4 Likes