DCS 2.X Screenshots (2023)

Sierra Hotel. Outstanding work man!

Might I request a Dutch line bird? Preferably the polly squadron?

3 Likes

It is, thank you!

Unlikely since I’d like to do other things.
But for this reason I released my new template, so you’re able to make whatever comes to your mind.

2 Likes

In a fictional war taking place in the mid-1980s, my wingman and I try to coax Syrian Fighters up for a fight deep in Syrian territory. Other Iraqi flights shoot them down. My wingman and I enjoy a beautiful cruise above the clouds.

7 Likes

Aaaaaaaand downloaded. I noticed the installation says to put the default zip file in the main install. Will it not work from Saved Games?

After a bit of testing, I haven’t been able to get it to work. But I have never really used the Saved Games liveries folder.

The skin pack is not adding new liveries, it is replacing and overwriting default textures so that the changes are applied universally without the need to edit every mission again.

1 Like

It won’t trip IC though, right? I seem to remember some base roughmets for the F-15C and Harrier breaking IC for some reason.

Zip Files in SG/Liveries will cause a shader crash on loading of DCS or Mission.

1 Like

Guys! There’s helicopters in MSFS these days! :smiley:

7 Likes

there are, but you are in DCS :slight_smile:

4 Likes

:laughing: oops, sorry! I don’t know how that happened.

2 Likes

I thought that was South Atlantic until I looked at the clouds.

4 Likes

Decided tonight to practice some navigation using GPS, TACAN and VOR tools in the MB-339. It was a beautiful training flight above Cyprus.

I so love the clouds in DCS. I never get tired of them. Flying out on the southern flank of Cyprus, about 20,000 feet. Also enjoying some backseat views.

Back at Paphos International Airport and having just pulled into our parking space. The civillian part of the airport is quite busy these days.

8 Likes

I was flying the MB339 on a NAVEX this evening too, although it was just on mission 2 of the campaign that comes with the aircraft. I’m on day 2 of a two week trial and I am still not sure if I am going to keep it. It does fly nicely.

2 Likes

I know what you mean. I like the bird but it’s so anemic…

1 Like

It’s a lot of fun especially when you start fooling around with the GPS panel and other navigation tools. I haven’t tried any weapons on it yet but mainly just using it to focus on navigation training. I particularly enjoy going down low between the mountains and into the valleys of Cyprus with it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

9 Likes

I’ve tried the weapons - Durandals mostly - that’s the main thing I bought it for - and they can be, well, a bit challenging, at least to start with. I have recordings of doing a large number of runs both in the training mission and in one I made for myself - and I can count the number of successful runway denials on one finger!
As for the GP bombs, don’t ask…

2 Likes

11 Likes

Bombing-ground attack in those old machines are definitely a challenge. Really gives one appreciation for the modern tools in the modern aircraft when in ground attack. I’ve been spending time learning and trying out different bombing parameters in the Mirage-F1 and it has been difficult. I’ve finally found the correct parameters though and am starting to see good results. I will try the MB-339 soon.

I’ve been going through the videos of “Sidekick” who does a superb job explaining and demonstrating ground attack using the old fashion methods. If you don’t already watch his stuff I recommend his channel to you. I’ve posted below.

Iain Christie - YouTube

5 Likes

9 Likes