DCS 2.X Video Thread

Intro narrated by Jell-O! Cool.

An actually superbly done video of multiplayer cooperative gameplay using the DCS Apache. Great teamwork and love the video production value. Best watched in 4K.

4 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGhTuz5axs0

11 Likes

:100: :exploding_head: That video might be the DCS video of the year… and ever.

2 Likes

Wow! That was exquisite! It just amazes me how DCS in the hands of artists can produce creativity like this.

1 Like
3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5syAJW5zQ0

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKprvMfjQbs

3 Likes

In relation to those recent screenshots, I have of my night flights in the Harrier. Here is a short video of me making a night landing at RAF Akrotiri Air Base. Best watched in 4K.

5 Likes

Lately I’ve been flying the Bold Cheetah campaign for the Hornet. It’s a free campaign but has really high production value. Even if it was payware it still would be worth the money.

You can get the campaign on DCS site:

And here’s one of the missions I (spoiler alert) wasn’t able to finish successfully…

4 Likes
6 Likes

That looks to be an absolutely superb map. That airbase the video maker cold started from and took off is some serious real estate. Will definitely be a purchase for me.

2 Likes

Same here even if the mission he flew left me feeling icky. I really rather not bomb the Palestinians with a modern Israeli plane. Had he flown a natural metal mirage vs a bunch of migs… Different story.

4 Likes

The map really does look outstanding. What would be a good alternative solution to Hamas shooting rockets into Gaza?

Israel defending itself from the 3000 black jets of Allah?

Guys, can we please try and distance ourselves from the real world politics that surround this part of the world?

For the record, I completely get where @schurem is coming from. I worked with a a guy who emigrated to Australia because of all the shite that was/is happening there. His first name is Yoni (so no points for guessing nationality) and as he said to me when I asked him why - “religion and politics”.

No good can come of this, Let’s stick with the virtual. Please.

8 Likes

Roger sir. :salute:

3 Likes

Good point well made @Harry_Bumcrack.

We also had a similar discussion when syria was released.

4 Likes

I just can’t recommend Sedlo’s Bold Cheetah campaign enough. This was probably one of the most unusal missions I flew in DCS to date.

8 Likes

Had some recent posts over in the screenshots thread of me flying the DCS Harrier of late. Been fooling around with the HMS Invincible and those screenshots were of a recent flight. The other night I flew mission again and came into land on the carrier. Shut down, thought all previous flights had already landed and were stowed down below decks. To my pleasant surprise, they started coming in for a landing on the Invincible. I was worried they would run into me on my parking space but was pleasantly surprised how well the AI Pilots did with not screwing anything up and crashing into me. Was pretty cool, and very immersive.

Here is a short video of the landings. The last bit the AI Pilot did a perfect marshalling and preparation for landing. Landing was perfect as well. Wish I could land that smoothly in the Harrier. :slight_smile:

Best watched in 4K.

8 Likes