DCS Eurofighter? DCS Eurofighter!

Sniffing for truffles

6 Likes

Nice pics!

Looks like the engines ingested material and ejected it through the bypass ducts.

6 Likes

I am no fighter pilot. I suck at it virtually and I would be brutally bad at it in reality. But when fighter pilots fly airliners they have this awful habit of holding the nose off instead of a controlled de-rotation. The stab stalls and the nose hits hard. Fortunately they quickly learn better. That poor Eurofighter I think would have benefited from a more airliner style landing. Deploying the drogue with the nose high probably didn’t help either. I know. I know. These are proven braking techniques and sensibly they wanted less forward energy when the nose started scraping. But as a Monday morning QB who wasn’t there, I feel like the damage could have been better minimized.

4 Likes

A fighter usually needs about 12 to 15 units of AoA at landing speed, there’s no other way really. Everybody walked away it seems and that’s what matters, right?

1 Like

1 Like

That was my first thought too when I saw Tha pictures

1 Like

When I was an IOS operator at the Eurofighter Sim in the Italian Airforce I followed a decade of training procedures and, while I acknowledge you have so much experience I could never equal… Well in this specific case let’s just say they did exactly what it was expected of them to achieve best results.

7 Likes

Any rumors about why the nosegear wouldn’t extend? Looks like the door opened and that the uplocks released, since the gear seems to have moved… Hydraulic blockage?

2 Likes

I look at those and could only think how impressed I was that he kept it dead on centerline. Looks like a nice outcome of a sorry situation.

1 Like

That’ll buff out. Might want to check the compressor blades though?

Well as I only ever had to deal with the simulator I know the consequences and bold-face procedures but I could never get any insight on the causes.

5 Likes

Incredible pictures and nice discussion. I know it’s off topic, but I have to ask:
As a Eurofighter expert, @komemiute which do you prefer, single seat or twin-seat, looks-wise?

1 Like

“Mind your step”

or

“Getting up on Monday morning”

or

“When the sugar is spilled on the table”

2 Likes

“Set your depth to 100m. Keep your eyes on the dive planes. 10 degrees nose down please.”

5 Likes

Pilot was like:
faceplant GIF

9 Likes

Striclty in this specific case- Single seat all the way.
There’s literally no need whatosever for the GIB on the Typhoon, unless is for training purposes.

Of course, never quote me on that. :grin:

ATC: So, Typhoon, can you find the MiG?

Typhoon: sniff sniff It went… sniff West. 265 I reckon… It’s not… sniff sniff it’s not alone. There’s two of them. Havent’t had manintenance in a while either… I can sniiiiff smell the leaking hydraulic fuel.

13 Likes

This Runway tastes funny…

8 Likes

LOL, or also

Groan Aww, c’mon! Five more minutes mum”.

4 Likes

You can’t park there mate…

5 Likes

raw

Wheels

1 Like