DCS F/A-18C

I think Tishin would have been proud, guys. Seriously, this is outstanding.

4 Likes

I thought about it, but I won’t have time to really mess with it until this Friday. That being said, I was able to get everything downloaded/ updated with in an hour of getting home. Then spent all of 10 minutes messing around with the Hornet before forcing myself to shut it off and crawl into bed lol.

Funny, ten sleepy minutes before beddy-bye-time is all I managed yesterday too.

Perhaps the weekend will offer more opportunity for a true deep-dive into this sweet, sweet bit of simulated aluminum, titanium and steel.

1 Like

Looking for some advice. Been going through the start up several times, when the the INS is in Ground Mode to align it says QUAL:99.9 and the line underneath flashes TIME:00.0000 (I took a screenshot but couldn’t get the TIME bit to show as it was flashing) and I never get the INS OK message. What am I doing wrong?
20180531_113956

Only thing I can think of is to update WYPT 0 before putting the INS to GND.

HSI - DATA - WYPT - UFC, enter current position from the F10 menu.

1 Like

Think I have it sussed, I was doing something wrong, not sure what but I’m not doing it now!

I think @boomerang10 is right. I was on the carrier and quickly I taxied away to let others spawn in. After I moved, I could not get it to align.

Can anybody tell me how to bind the slew control axes (i think it’s called the TDC?) to the TMHW slew thingie? It only seems to accept being tied to the mouse axes.

IIRC the TDC at the moment is not able to be bound to an axis. Is the TMWH thingy an axis?

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s a 2-axis slew controller. Well that clears it up then, thanks.

I mapped it to 4 buttons of an 8 way hat on my warthog throttle and don’t have any issues.

Yeah, but it isn’t supposed to be an analog control, right?

The TDC can not be mapped to an axis at the moment, for any stick.

I encountered some little bugs (I think) last night and wanted to ask if anyone can confirm:

1. in the training missions sometimes the mission doesn’t recognize you clicked buttons. A bit annoying but still works
  2. When you click on the TCN button on the UFC and then the ON/OFF button sometimes nothing happens at all (the UFC display lines remain empty). If I click it again it works.
  3. Same as #2, but with the sequence button on the HSI page (the one that displays the dotted line between waypoints). It works the first time, then I turn the lines off an on again and it doesn’t work. I wait a bit and then it works again.
1 Like

1 & 2 are fixed internally. 3 you are cycling through sequences.

2 Likes

Not sure if you use thrustmaster, but there is a workaround through the target software.

1 Like

Copy, thanks!

Such ghastly words! :dizzy_face:

1 Like

It’s can be a bear for sure. It has its usefulness though.

1 Like

While searching BMS profiles for my warthog, I found a profile that basically turned regular buttons into an axis. I still use this for the harrier nozzles today. Kinda opened my eyes to what it can do

Learning how to do that kinda stuff can be pretty mind numbing but if you want to really customize your set up, it’s very powerful