DCS F/A-18C

Yup, all effects are being reworked, and is on going, so booms are a lot boomier.

5 Likes

Well, if what they did with the rockets is an indication, we’re in for a treat :smile:

Boom today?

completely freakin bombed out man :tired_face:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3428162&postcount=43

Hornet Radar Update

As noted in the last several updates, one of the primary tasks is coding the air-to-air modes of the AN/APG-73 radar for the Hornet. The current focus is on Single Track Target (STT) mode as this will be vital for radar directed gun, radar-slaved AIM-9, and PD illumination for AIM-7. This work is currently revolving around target angles/range filtering and symbology display behavior.

Work is still in progress on search/acquisition radar modes in regard to scan limits applied by antenna servo electronics, in addition to physical antenna gimbal limits. This all involve coordinate transformation (antenna/scan frames, SPRS (Space Pitch/Roll Stabilized), body frame while accounting for antenna electronic roll stabilization.

In parallel, the needed data for future MSI (Multi-Sensor Integration) routines and modes like LTWS (latent TWS) is being coded and would be sent to the MC2 (Mission Computer 2).

A lot of work is being done on code-structure refinement. Given all the functionality is being worked on, we have to avoid the code from becoming spaghetti-like.

The implemented and in-progress data structures and algorithms (like target search, target data filtering, antenna electronic roll stabilization, etc.) will help us in later projects, and we hope this will reduce those development times.

Attached is a very simple debug screenshot.

Thanks,
Matt “Wags” Wagner
Senior Producer

9 Likes

Can we please get more updates in the future?

Great to see those updates arriving almost daily now.

Im very happy to read you guys are actively maintaining code sanity. Projects of this size and age can easily become so crufty that progress becomes nigh on impossible. Bally good job chaps!

(re the debug pic: that would be a great training tool. for me anywho) :sunglasses:

Thanks for the updates, NineLine.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3429016&postcount=44

Ram On! Welcome to DCS World VFA-83 “Rampagers”!

5 Likes

ooo. Sexy skin and non BRU’d Mk-20s

1 Like

There’s a BRU-33 in there

1 Like

Yup, but that’s nothing new. Currently you cannot put single Mk-20s on the AI Hornet, so I’d consider seeing single bombs per pylon more comment worthy.

The current hornet in DCS 2.5 is the older model anyway, and the Loadouts/Pylons/LUAs are so inaccurate.

Live Stream this Sunday on Matt’s YouTube page:

Come watch the Hornet over the Persian Gulf Map!

5 Likes

…but now we have to wait a whole six days? :disappointed_relieved:

If it’s ready for Youtube its ready for my hard drive…

Looking forward to seeing Hormuz live.

4 Likes

:slight_smile: I like the way you think :slight_smile:

As mentioned earlier, I’m holding off on an AAR video until the new S-3 and refueling pod is ready, as well as the new hose and basket physics.

5 Likes

Now THAT is news I want to hear!

2 Likes

What you don’t want to hear, first a new map, then F/A-18C…(from Facebook)!