DCS F/A-18C

Since we’re asking, can we get the Juneau or Harpers Ferry?

I’d be up for buying a T45. It would have to be a completely new module though (ie not an offshoot of the VEAO Hawk).

1 Like

Guys, guys, guys… the sequence is obvious. After all these navy jets the true one successor is the Intruder. :a6:

2 Likes

I would absolutely fly the Hawk if it were a T-45.

I have bugged Razbam repeatedly about getting LPDs and LSDs in the game. They just ignore me :confused:

3 Likes

an LCAC would be nice. Put some Abrams and HMMWV on there, launch it out the back of the now were talking.

Story Time:

During my tour on the 31st MEU, during our SOCEX in parts of unknown Pacific Ocean, my company got the privilige of hitting the shore on LCACs. This was a plus because riding in the tracks was during amphib ops is probably one of the most hated “adventures” of being a Marine. We actually lost one in the harbor of White Beach. No, instead we got to ride this badass hover craft, or so i thought. The troop transport cabin was tiny and had one port hole in it, but at least diesel fumes werent pumped directly into it… About ten minutes after leaving the well deck, i assume we were circling waiting for the other landing craft to come out, one of the other LCACs broke down inside the well deck putting all of us in a holding pattern. I sat in that closet of a cabin for about 3 hours, then the crew man came out and let us out. It was really cool being out in the middle of the ocean on a floating barge watching these giant ships from the outside was pretty impressive. Air ops continued and we got a couple cobra flybys. Anyways, don’t know where I was going with this, but talking about ships reminded me of that. Plenty of stories from that deployment, Okinawa, Korea, Guam, Iwo Jima, P.I., and of course, Thailand. Good times.

9 Likes

There’ve been LCACs in some shots posted by RAZBAM.

afbeelding

Don’t know if we’ll get to see them launched out of the back of the Tarawa though, sure would be cool.

8 Likes

If the game engine limits map size, don’t bang your head against the wall releasing more fast-movers. Savor these maps in all their new NOE glory. More Helicopters Please!

6 Likes

This is never a wrong statement.

1 Like

especially the mi24 :grin:

1 Like

Unless, of course, you’re approaching an airfield that also serves as an offshore helicopter hub…

They are hard to spot. They move in unpredictable ways (like not at all…in mid air) and they’re slow, even compared to a Dash8.

With this addition, I do agree with you.

1 Like

Sorry but I couldn’t watch it yet and I am not sure if you are joking or not.

Can anyone clarify because I think I’d actually buy that cute little helicopter…

I am joking but it is one helicopter that would be very cool to have in DCS. It would be really cool operating that off of the Russian ships with a little dipping sonar or doing supply runs and search/rescue missions. I think it is quite the little chopper.

3 Likes

You’re right. My closest call with regards to a mid-air collision was almost hitting a Navy MH-60 on short final to runway 23 in Norfolk, Virginia. The guy was low level, going right to left directly under my nose and I never saw him until he came into my bottom left peripheral vision after he had crossed us. I was focusing on the touchdown zone and the traffic holding short…I was at about 200’, so the helicopter was between me and the ground. He wasn’t supposed to be there (he was supposed to be operating east of the extended runway centerline)…and the Tower had a conniption when I asked if that helicopter was supposed to be there. It was frighteningly close.

5 Likes

Awwwww.
But yeah, same train of thought here.

While I’d like a Hind or Apache, I had my fill of ASW/ASuW helo actions with years of Dangerous Waters. Ditto the P-3, not that I imagine something like that would be high on the list of priorities for DCS.

But I’d REALLY like a Hind or Apache…or an AH-1! :smiley:

The fact there are more mentions of the Helix than the Cobra in the last few posts does nothing but confirm why helo jocks are food, not friends.

3 Likes

Yes, I’d love to see this “Viper” before the F16. Again I’m totally biased towards Marine air assets.

2 Likes

I would love to see a cobra, blackhawk/seahawk but the hind first …:grin:

1 Like

A Cobra would be a really cool addition to DCS for sure.

:smiley:

3 Likes