DCS Harrier First Flights

Hey guys, in the other AV-8B thread, there was a link to the Razbam FB page reporting that there would be a TM WARTHOG profile complete with TM MFDs. Hopefully, a TARGET profile. Does anyone know if that was distributed with the aircraft?
Otherwise, I’ve got some programming to do. In a short flight in the Harrier last night, it was apparent that those MFDs would be helpful. -Cheers

MFD’s are already plug and play, and I know that Homefries was planning on getting started on script for the Harrier soon, but I imagine that’ll take some time. Haven’t heard anything else yet about official implementation from RAZBAM though.

1 Like

Anyone find a work around for the low FPS in the pit yet? I was too busy flying to mess around with settings, but I noticed there seemed to be a correlation to pitch angle. Pitch up or down past 25-30 degrees and the FPS went up to normal ranges.

Cool!

How did you get the radio to work for the KC-130? Is there something to set up in the Custom tab of the mission designer to make it respond?

MIssion Options (check mark icon in the mission editor) → Easy Radio → Enforced.

1 Like

They found the problem and fixed it - we now need to pray to Discobot that there is a hotfix sooner rather than later…

On the FPS drop that some people are experiencing.
With ED’s help we found out that all MPCD and HUD video is being rendered at all times, even if they are not visible.
This means that you have the following video outputs on all MPCDs:

• NAVFLIR
  • DMT
  • TPOD (if mounted)
  • MAVs (if mounted)
  • HUD NAVFLIR

So at anyone time you may have between 5 to 9 video screens active, but invisible.

We are fixing that and hopefully the FPS problem will be solved.

NOTE:
Problem fixed and will be applied on next release.

3 Likes

Nice! Makes sense I guess, what with only easy comms enabled so far…

giphy

That makes sense on why pitching up and down could affect the FPS. Would be displaying less when pointed into the sky or in the ground versus level with the horizon.

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately the low FPS makes it not really playable for me right now. Oh well, another day another flight!

This is why I have held off, I was 99% ready to pull the trigger last night.

I kind of wanted to treat like a Sea Harrier anyway. :slight_smile:

Hopefully hotfix or open beta update tomorrow/next Wednesday or something. I mean it’s flyable, just jittery in the weeds if using decent settings etc.

I didn’t exactly expect anything else, it’s the same as with the Mirage, if you enjoy experiencing the different versions and seeing the development of the product, and in a way contribute a little, then go for it. Otherwise wait it out!

If the patch for the avionics/ fps issue came out right now… I would be on the store getting that download lol

i fixed the FPS issue on my end, just changed the cockpit display resolution from 1024 every frame to 512 every frame, took Vsync off. Works great. Still get a hit in performance, but Im rocking over 50+ in all situations, all the way up 100+.

As far as the avionics go, you may be waiting a year or so. The Mirage avionics still need work and it was released in 2015 i believe.

2 Likes

256 helps in VR and they still look ok. Not quite always over 45fps but a bit better.

So nice to have some western SEAD in the sim now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Tankerwade, looking for a place to land.

Found it.

@near_blind’s looking for a place to park his Harrier.

Maybe in here?

3 Likes

He’s trying to find his way down here…(that’s me on the very far right of the picture, getting ready to ask someone where the way out is…)

4 Likes

Wow, that’s a tiny little hangar bay.