DCS Huey Questions

Keep your speed at 40 until about thirty feet. Available most of the time if you need a hand.

3 Likes

I was late this afternoon and hopped into Discord just as schurem, Khan and Derby were wrapping up. Was told we will continue an hour from now.

2 Likes

Just booted the server up, it’s there already. I’ll join in on the fun once the kids are down.

85.146.97.40 password: mudspikeFTW

2 Likes

Sorry can’t make it… :frowning:

1 Like

Happy Hour Reaction GIF

4 Likes

Some Huey will be spared a burning destiny…

4 Likes

Autorotations are fun. Scary but fun. Tree. TREE! house! HOUSE! tellmywifIloverAAAARGH!

Many, many rotor masts were broken tonight lol.

But, not to brag, my first autorotation, I flew away from that. beginners luck

8 Likes

damn missed the fun and games :cry:

4 Likes

Ticked a further box in the Huey with Low Level Heaven. I will get Grizzly to change the date to this year.

8 Likes

Congratulations Scoop! Those guys are terrific! Last year Grizzly gave me a checkout in the Huey and he perfectly assessed my mistakes. He is a good CFI-H and his assessment is legit. I recently passed my Heli CPL and I still would definitely need some practice today to get past Grizzly.

6 Likes

Good to see you’re finally doing something good with your life @Scoop! :rofl: :wink:

2 Likes

There is a real feeling of achievement being occasionally chosen to lead a formation of ten or more. At first I flew at the back and then was moved slowly forward as experience built up. Being leader is a real game changer as you have to fly your own aircraft but your mind is on the rest of the formation, especialy those at the back.

5 Likes

Congratulations @Scoop what a great achievement. I genuinely wish i had the time to commit to the group. I am massively impressed with the progress you have made in such a short time with them. Really well done mate

2 Likes

If anyone wants to improve their rotary skills. Tue Thur and Sat are primarily Huey 1900 utc +.
Basic formation circuits followed by away from airport skills. Helicopter drag racing to pinnacle/slope or confined landing areas. After that we usually fly a mission bringing in other helo’s of individual choice. Wed nights tend to be Apache based. Everything taught on the Huey can be applied to other types. Training is in English although it is a primarily a German group. Occasionally they break into German but apologise afterwards. Danes, Dutch, UK, USA, Serb, Belarusse, and many others fly with the group. All that is sought is a willingness to learn. An advanced group is available for those who are proficient. This involves training to actual military level. Grizzly flew CH53.

5 Likes

What a gyp. Touched down on the platform, gingerly as can be, clipped right the fork through. bleh :frowning:

6 Likes

Ive noticed the gazelle seems to clip through stuff a lot. Like the hit box for the skids is weird

1 Like

Attempting @smokinhole esque sarcasm, “You must be joking!”

2 Likes

To paraphrase what I once said on live breakfast TV " both of the armed forces…and the RAF"

4 Likes

Being breakfast TV, I’d imagine neither the presenter nor the viewers perceived the slight.

2 Likes

What I actually said was worse. Army and Navy loved it. Now the RAF go to war, and sometimes don’t stay in 5* hotels I have become kinder.

NB I still remind the navy about their ipods

4 Likes