DCS Screenshots

Move around is likely good enough - I assume one can give them ROE and let the AI do the rest…which is pretty much how a USN Strike Group Commander works at sea - command by negation.

You move the ships around a bit, set the ROE (Weapons Tight / Weapons Free) and let the warfare commanders (the equivalent of DCS AI…although I’ve met at lest one where I would have preferred the DCS AI) do the rest. If you don’t want them to do something you tell them “No” (rescind ROE back to weapons tight), otherwise, they have at it.

Literally hit everywhere but the tank. Might need some gun practice.

10 Likes

He’s hiding behind those white wires - devious!

1 Like
4 Likes

grafik

1 Like

6 Likes

https://coub.com/view/14c4ak

4 Likes

Needless to say the cbu-105 came out on the next pass.

4 Likes

Actually, I had a very similar experience with a tank and my Hornet attempting to use rockets. Thought I hit it considering all of the smoke and fire, but on the next pass there it was untouched.

2 Likes

You might have hit it but it didn’t penetrate the armor…what type of rockets? What type of tank? Plus the rockets aren’t that accurate and a near miss isn’t going to do much to a tank.

Of course you might get lucky and hit it in just the right spot…
ThatSpot

4 Likes

Very good questions and ones that unfortunately I cannot answer as it’s no longer fresh in my head. (Heck, I have not even gotten good enough to know the different types of armor yet unfortunately.) With that being said my response to your question would be something along the lines of…the rockets that shoot from the jet and go boom and the tank which had a big gun and treads. LOL…

1 Like

Doesn’t look like armour penetration is modelled - tanks simply have lots of hit points so it takes quite a few rocket hits to set them on fire (depending on the rocket & tank as you said).

1 Like

Me neither other than the higher the number–T-50,T80, BMP-1, BMP-2, etc.–the better the armor…I think. What folks like you and I need is the DCS Encyclopedia on an iPad!