DCS: Spitfire Mk IX

This is Sooo funny. Yesterday I was watching wagmatt’s video and saying, “What’s He MEAN Dance on the pedals!” But today I totally got it. I had to “Dance” my butt off and this kept my wing tips off the tarmac. It was a great day of “training”. Fearless Frogs advice of a little right stick, neutral elevator trim and judicious “dancing” on the pedals got me off the ground consistently. I also curved the pitch and roll to +10. I had gone the other way… wrong! Inputs are now telepathic. Just think where you want her and she GOES!
Now that I have “earned” flying the module I began to beat up the field. OMG!!! You can literally make a circle small as a clown car. She sings, she dances, she makes Julian fries. I understand why everyone is flying so low. Simply put, its an incredible aircraft. German aircraft pilots need to brush up our skills. My initial thought that the 109 was better was Wrong, Wrong, WRONG.
Next I went up against the 2 109s. While she don’t climb like the K, she makes up for it in so many ways. That cannon sound is as addictive as Sugar. I cant wait to fly against the Fw.

Thanks for the advice and thanks ED for a such a fun bird to fly this holiday season.

5 Likes

I’ve missed most of the upset over the MiG-23 from Razbam due to the Spitfire.

I’m quite partial to this blue as it’s similar to what USAAF photo reconnaissance Spitfires had painted up in. Wrong mark of Spitfire, but oh well. No sense in nitpicking that, when we have the Kurfurst.

7 Likes

I do believe that color is called Photo Recon BLUE for a reason…

PRU Blue for the official US Military designation, since they adore acronyms.

Maybe we need another thread but for now I’ll stick this here

drool

we have a thread for the spitfire Mk XIV

1 Like

Those are some really good essays. Part three on landing was already published:

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmdDYypeLiw

:astonished:

Few easter eggs in there too…

2 Likes

was a well put together lil video.

“English Channel 1940”, Churchills “The few” speech, and a Spitfire Mk…IX?
I guess you play the hand you were dealt. I too would’ve liked a Mk.I in DCS :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought the same thing. Nice Video but should have been the “Greatest Endeavor” speech IMO.

1 Like

According to Wags Spitefire is planned for DCS World 2.0 this weekend

2 Likes

Yup, as well as the Viggen.

7 Likes

Sometimes a single ‘like’ press is not enough. Excellent news - excited! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I did my part.

4 Likes

Jeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaah!

1 Like

No Viggen in 2.0.5…

Spitfire Thru Downtown Vegas… I’m Go Weaving through Sky Scrapers…

2 Likes

just quick question for the propeller heads, isnt the effect of the spinning propeller from inside the cockpit on lets say DCS Spit over-done?
I was looking through few spinning propellers, one time even through spinning propeller of Spit on the ground and I didnt notices this distracting effect on high RPM… maybe on idle yes…
Btw whats the Spit propeller RPM on full continuous power?

Some random DCS Spit video from inside the cocpit for quick reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv4qw8dcvIk

2600 RPM would a safe bet as long as you don’t overdo the boost