DCS: Syria

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4385145&postcount=1

3 Likes

It’s a pity that Cyprus isn’t in the mix. RAF Akrotiri would be a very useful base for this region.

2 Likes

Read it. Cyprus is the stretch goal. We all buy the map in sufficient numbers, they’ll be able to invest the time needed to add it.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Interesting! That stood out to me from watching Greatest Tank Battles.

This will be something very nice to see, I am hoping this works well towards mission design such that we can vary things up from jury-rigging together watch towers, armed houses and road outposts.

3 Likes

So I guess the map cuts off west of Batman AB in Turkey. Oh well.

If they do bring in Cyprus…reenactments of the BAB (Beirut Air Bridge)!

The BAB was a bit more exciting than the Wiki article indicates.

2 Likes

I remember when they lost a crew one night while I was there. Very upsetting. Hard to believe it was 25 years ago now.

2 Likes

I think every map has had some sort of expansion at this point, not to say Cyprus will make it ever, but you can almost count on some additions after the fact like a rock band coming out for an encore :slight_smile:

4 Likes

A line has to be drawn somewhere, and wherever you draw it, it will be just short of someone’s point of interest. I was stationed at RAF Akrotiri for 3 years back in the mid 90’s…so I’m kind of biased :wink: . Cyprus or not, I’ll be buying this one.

1 Like

OK then…
Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 20.18.09
Free Bird! …actually Kharg Island (PG map)

For the Millennials in the group…it used to be that when at a concert, you used to call for an encore by raising a (lit) lighter…yeah, I know its the light on cell phones now…just isn’t the same…

…“I told you to get off my lawn you darn kids!”

9 Likes

You told us we couldn’t have lighters or we’d burn ourselves. :thinking:

10 Likes

It wasn’t just for encores. I distinctly recall the lighters coming out after Paul started the first chords of “Let it Be” in 1990.

I also remember a solid concrete stadium bouncing when he started “Can’t Buy Me Love”… It was a little alarming.

1 Like

I never knew that @PaulRix was a such a popular singer! :wink:

You should see him dance!

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ouch…I laughed. so hard I hurt myself. :rofl:

Seeing me dance would not be a pretty sight!
I am however the worlds greatest singer, but it only seems to work in the car, when I’m alone with the volume turned way up… :rofl:

6 Likes

This is why I can’t drive a Tesla. The autopilot would pull over, put the emergency blinkers on and call the emergency services…

4 Likes

For me it happens when I shower. Put a jet of hot water on my neck and I instamagickally transform into Pavarotti.

2 Likes

In high school I actually sang, on stage, in front of people (Fiddler on the Roof)…yeah…the critics were kind but…:grimacing:

1 Like

Someone get to working on a F-16 Iron Eagle Campaign…

1 Like