DCS World 2.X Thoughts & Impressions

that is some nice cooling you got going there.

1 Like

I have no problems with the light, 2.1 looks stunning so far and runs very well for the constant increased objects amount.

Itā€™s air cooling too. Noctua NH-D14.
Silent as a ninjaā€¦

What cpu?

Iā€™m a little under cooled by I idle at 40 with my 7700k lol.

Ehā€¦ i7-4770K Haswell Processor

Still, 40 under load is great. Thatā€™s not a baby cpu.

Good frames and low temp is what you want. Anyway, derail over :slight_smile:

1 Like

I created a mission for the Mi-8 a while back with custom transmission s for the ARK UD. Since the update it seems to have broken.
On the plus side, have you guys tried flying over the strip at night since the update, itā€™s amazing and so much better performance wise compared to 2.0.5
In the rift it was surreal especially through the black and white NVGā€™s

1 Like

I made a quick video of last nights flight, also had an advert on youtube in the background you know those ones before your chosen song plays? Anyway it turned out to be quite good as an accompaniment

Sorry its a rift recording :blush:

1 Like

That was cool. I especially liked when you stuck your head out to the side of the cockpit window. Nice effect.

2 Likes

I used to be a Windows person like you, but then i took a bash to the head.

2 Likes

This thread can be the free-form jazz edition one, basically anything DCS 2.1 related.

In that case, a missions thread link.

1 Like

Anxiously awaiting AA for deferred shading.

1 Like

@Troll - I tried the 2.1.0.6002 Update 1 patch, but can still recreate crashes to desktop when using Deferred Shading and the Rift. Can you as well? It seems better on simple mission exiting. but more now the Mission Editor.

PS Update 1 for me with NTTR and 90% of the modules was about 3GB, but downloaded pretty quickly. Iā€™ve updated my crash thread on the ED forums as well, so hopefully that might help.

1 Like

I havenā€™t had time to install it yet. Will this weekend though.

1 Like

New updater version acts a bit weird, slowly creeps up to ~20 peers, then suddenly drops to below 10 and starts creeping up again. Now up to 40 peers but transmission rates fluctuate wildly.

Yeah I went FTP for this patch after my foot tapping 20+ hours for 2.1 with a torrent. We are looking at a house ATM with 56 Mb connection, hereā€™s hoping :smiley:

Yeah, still crashes here as well.
Maybe theyā€™re still searching for the bug.

Question. Did the gamma slider make it in the update? Canā€™t find itā€¦

I donā€™t think so yet, but if they are moving the updates to Wednesday (which makes lots of sense) then maybe next week if thereā€™s another patch.

1 Like

Gamma preview.
I like the lower gamma settings a lot!

1 Like