DCS World Newsletter - 28 December 2018

Looking forward. I think ED was really too much conservative about their ’ game mode ’ and so on. While Gaijin takes advantage of the arcade side of their game ED is still the ’ serious ’ siming game.

So looking forward to any steps in this gameing direction.
Hope to see some oficial dedicated game mode server.

1 Like

and how do you kill other planes? By ramming them :man_facepalming:t3::joy::joy::joy:

well i wouldn’t take a step toward warthunder…
On the contrary awarding some bonus for teamplay to teams flying in some sort of campaign could be nice. (but i wonder if we aren’t just too competitive already!)
Should be a thing to study and think very very well before implementing…!

2 Likes

Any thought to earning points for number of successful ejections from a particular aircraft…something like…oh, I don’t know…maybe something Scandinavian? That would be a really cool way to earn DCS products. :grin: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

So, how much do you owe the virtual Swedish govt. these days…?

Sounds good. Appreciate the info, and I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for the upcoming MAC info.

PC Pilot has a nice article on MAC as well:

1 Like

Doubtful DCS proper will ever do that, at least under current management. ED has a history of actively passing on would-be popular modules (eg. AH-64), because not enough source material exists to build to their standards.

What I can see happening, is perhaps a spin off, similar to the relationship between IL2 BOX and War Thunder, where some assets and dev resources are shared. But DCSW would remain its own platform, true to its roots.

Ultimately, that’s good for all parties, as dev resources can grow and scale economically, and the “gamey” platform can even serve as the gateway drug to dcsw.

I still marked his words. :smiley:
We’ll see what happens!

1 Like

@BeachAV8R - spill the beans, what’s MAC, or do we have to buy the magazine? :slight_smile:

Frequent Flyer Miles. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have no idea actually. :thinking: Must not have been my article. Looks like Modern Air Combat and an interview with Wags:

Modern Air Combat – An interview with Matt Wagner

We recently learned that Eagle Dynamics was working on a new and exciting project called ‘Modern Air Combat’ – designed to appeal to a wider audience of flight simmers. We contacted Matt Wagner, Eagle Dynamics’ Senior Producer, to find out more…

3 Likes

They knew you’re too involved! :smile:

But seriously, it’s surfacing that MAC is a completely separated executable/program and no more accessible via DCS World UI.
Interesting. :thinking:

2 Likes

Am I understanding that you CAN’T use the normal dcs launcher or or use it in dcs like fc3? I’m confused

1 Like

Exactly.

That doesn’t mean they can’t connect to the same server…

1 Like

I never thought I would say that about a Russian GUI but I actually like the current DCSW interface. It’s tidy, pretty and effective.

The server browser could need some features (friend list, messenger, working server bookmarks) but the design is nice…

2 Likes

ED must miss having to deal with separate exe’s and branches… :grin:

2 Likes

I see. Glad I got fc3 now to be honest. Be a pain to keep switching from one to the other when I’ve had enough if one plane and want to crash a different one :joy:

Some of us have a subscription. :face_with_monocle: (sniff)

6 Likes

So, since MAC seems to be going toward a separate product, what happens to FC3? I was waiting for MAC primarily because of the DRM change, but I don’t see the advantage of getting MAC if it’s going to be a separate product.

I am also a bit confused.
I hope they clarify that soon.

2 Likes