DCS: World Persian Gulf Presale

This doesn’t sound right. My 1 1/2 yo system was mostly high-end when I built it. It should not be significantly better than a mid-range PC purchased today. DCS runs perfectly with VR set at 2x. And runs even better without VR. The advantage I might have is that my rig is for sims only. I do nothing else with it. There is no firewall and no anti-virus. It doesn’t even have a speaker.

1 Like

Same here! Saves a lot of grief…

1 Like

It has a single Radeon RX580, the 4GB version, not the 8GB version and it has 8GB of DDR4 RAM

The 580 is a solid card. It should be running well unless there are specific issues with 2.5 and the Radeon driver you have. I’m not aware of that situation.

just a lil tidbit,

I run VR Fluid 45 seconds on a Overlocked 7970, which is Equiv to an 280X, which is Equiv. to a 380X, which is Equiv. to a overclocked 1050ti lol

I’m not aware of any issues, either. I’ve updated to the latest drivers and this machine is for gaming only; my work machine is a Dell laptop. Not sure what the issue is, I’ve even verified the game files to make sure everything is exactly what the developer intended. One thing that I suspect might be off is that in the Betas tab, I’m still subscribed to the 2.5 public beta and the release candidate still shows the old 1.5 version.

I don’t know if that’s a factor, but after they publicly released 2.5, some of that should’ve changed, shouldn’t it?

Hang on, how much of a beastly overclock are you running? or what graphics settings are you using? i have 7900 card and i struggle with the trees on the caucuses map (non VR). I would like to know some of your magic !

VR Preset, with some changes, I will double check.

I also turn MSAA Off in VR Since ED’s MSAA is a resource hog w/ Deferred Shading, and just Crank the pixel density to 1.3-1.5

Visibile Range to Med/Low, Anything higher in VR is pointless as the ppi isnt high enough to see the units.

R7970 Lightning Runs 1.1 Ghz Stock and 1.3 Overclocked