Dovetail's Flight Sim World

Right, i’m a right plonker. I’m very sorry, i thought you posted demo videos released by the dev team, not your personal vids. Thats why i was a little critcal, thought it strange the devs would show off no taxiway.

Sorry for the misunderstanding,

1 Like

FSW on Steam -25% until 28-AUG

…actually very good price where single aircraft addon costs more.

2017-08-28 13_36_35-Latest Flight Sims topics - Mudspike Forums - Avast SafeZone
:smile:

I am curious about two things

• DA42
  • FTX Global for eastern Europe (hope it will be as advertised “…stunning land and seascapes to enjoy from above.”) :wink:

Well after few quick flights around LZTN I am quite not impressed. Not because of the sim itself. More because of my too high expectation I guess.

Definitely this is Early Access so everything is subject to change and I hope it will go only better and better.

The things I was curious about

• DA42 - I didnt have chance yet to take up the DA42 so no comments in this department

• Weather - for now, in free flight, there are just weather themes available. I was hoping for possibility of real world weather download, but this is still not implemented

• FTX Global - these are actually better textures only. I was just expecting falsely something more from it. Here are two shots, default FSX and default FSW

FSX

FSW

And some good news. Just Flight released first aircraft addon for FSW - Piper PA-28R Arrow III

1 Like

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/turbulents-big-bear-airport-now-available.2243/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=78&v=qpUAF9dxDGo

1 Like

As already uncovered in Annual thread and as obvious from many online debates, Flight Sim World is only FSX in better graphics.

This is especially true for the scenery. FSW is advertising implementation of FTX Global Textures and the textures are really better than stock FSX. But the ‘Vector’ part of the scenery (coast lines, rivers, roads, etc.) is completely the same as FSX.

On the other hand, P3Dv4 is advertising implementation of Vector, but I am afraid that they applied it only in USA. The rest of the world, together with the textures, is the same stock FSX imho.

Point is that I am not really disappointed by this ‘default’ scenery in FSW. What concerns me more, for example, is the obsolete navaids database copied over from FSX.
But I live in good belief that this will be sooner or later updated.

Here are for comparison your shots from P3D and mine from FSW. One picture is worth hundred words :slight_smile:

P3D pic1

FSW pic1

P3D pic2

FSW pic2

P3D pic3

FSW pic3

P3D pic4

FSW pic4

2 Likes

As much as I like FSW, the P-40 as new DLC is a curious addition, IMO. Perhaps a statement that they don’t plan to be solely a GA sim. Could be the marketing department wagging the dog. I’d be happy if the fixed current bugs before moving on.

What is also curious is that all the planes are piston engine. No jetprop no jet yet.

They just added free mission pack.

Here’s the first mission:

3 Likes

Pretty cheap right now as well…

The Maui scenery looks great in those free missions (as do the general graphics in your video @damson) but the lack of VR is disappointing in a new title.

2 Likes

More from the mission pack:

Day 2

Day 3

3 Likes

Man, that rain effect is beautiful…

2 Likes

Yes, love the blowing mist effect when the engines are run up.

1 Like

I thought there were only 3 missions in the pack, but as it turns out there are more. I’m currently uploading 4th one - it’s 15GB so it will take couple of hours. It’s pretty fun hop, IFR flight from Honolulu to Kona. You fly without co-pilot on this one, so you have to manage NAV and COM radios yourself. There are few surprises on the way though.

@BeachAV8R yeah, those rain effects are nice step forward but IMHO they should tweak them a bit. The speed of the rain drops at higher speed is just to slow. I liked what the 777 did with their WIP build of BoX

It looks more realistic but still need some work when it starts to flood the canopy.

Day 4

Day 5

3 Likes

That looks quite alright! I kinda had expected a prettier environment but that’s not bad at all!

1 Like

I noticed the same graphical glitch in your videos @damson that is present also on my system - the trees, on top of hills, against the sky looks too dark. I thought it is just mine not updated graphic card drivers :slight_smile:

Two new versions of PA-18 added to FSW in the last update

2 Likes

Those look great. I’d love to have a Cub like that to tool around with in real life.

They plan to release update which will introduce the dynamic weather (don’t confuse with real-world weather which is to be implemented further down the road) on February 1st.

Also I forgot to post two remaining vids from the Hawaii Mission Pack, so here:

Day 6

Day 7

1 Like