Facebook advances VR rendering quality with neural 4×4 supersampling

Might be quite interesting not only in games, but in sims…

1 Like

Interesting. Looks like Oculus is still in the game at least. The AI learning/rendering is fascinating to me. Like Nvidia’s DLSS stuff.

1 Like

I hope so! I wish they would announce a new VR headset that could compete with the G2, but maybe in a few years. I will probably become a HP user around x-mas… But if this healthy competition continues, I wouldn’t hesitate going back to Oculus, if their next headset will give me what I want… I have nothing but positive experiences with my Rift CV1 and S.

That’s the thing, their headsets are not the best on the market if you look at the specs…but like an Apple product (I’m writing this on an iPad which is my primary device for pretty much everything except gaming and simming), Oculus headsets just work…and they work well. The main reason for this is the Oculus platform and their ASW routines. Hopefully I will have a better experience with the Reverb G2 than I did with the Odyssey Plus.

1 Like

This. By no means is the RIft S exceptional at anything, but its easy to set up and works well with everything. I’ll be in the market for a replacement early next year. Hopefully the G2 will have been thouroughly tested and shaken out by then to make a decision.

1 Like