Trailer… mentions DX11 Implementation
I’m absolutely blasted away by the commitment these people have to Falcon 4.
Kudos to infinity.
VR??? Oh, for VR… Might have to try it again with Virtual Desktop and OpenTrack.
She ages well thanks to the BMS group!
Yes to that! My copy of DCS World might have to go sit in the corner then! Yes!
In the BMS forums I saw this, maybe, hint? VR, maybe for 4.36?
Damn, likely I have to reboot again the Korea '80s project.
My advice Monly: Wait. Not before 4.36.
Think that D-Jay guy is ‘in the know’ IIRC - been a couple of years (since VR) that I was over there much.
The best becomes even better!
Wow, yesterday DCS and now this?!? I guess tomorrow Microprose will announce F-19 Stealth Fighter 3.0.
Ahaha that would be awesome.
But my dream is the new microprose taking BMS under their wing, chucking a metric crapton of money their way to build a fully VR compatible Falcon 5.0. That. Would. Be. The. End. for me.
I agree. It really would be a game changer
I need a cigarette
I love it just the it is. A sim nurtured to perfection by a team motivated by a love for the sim, rather than a love for the sim market.
I know I’m a broken record, but that campaign generator is amazing. I wish there was a way to distill that and implement it into DCS. I have high hopes for the DCS Dynamic Campaign!
I still remember the day Falcon 4.0 came out, sites like SimHQ were not even born then but was on a site where some of its founding members congregated and the speculation and anticipation were sky high.
Wanted the spiral bound manual edition, but sadly this was not available in UK, so went for the box ver, still a door stopper of a manual though and quite heavy reading … found that old manual the other day day in a pre 2020/2021 clear out, its mostly hardly relevant with what BMS do for us, but will hang on to it anyway.
Regarding the Gameplay of Falcon 4.0 back then, it really was a while ago and back then most of UK was still on dial up … just painful But We’d managed to gather together a few enthusiasts and lots of fun in missions, but the online campaign that back then as I recall could use an amazing 2 core CPU if you had one back then … and NAW, thats not right?, there were none back then, certain good bandwidth speed was out of our ballpark, we tried it and that was the deciding factor back then … but no joy, TE stuff and the planning was fun though with voice comms as well and worked very well.
Fast fwd to today and still love Flight Sim, have very, very good high internet speed at last, just cant seem to be excited about online play as I once was … I’ll be 62 soon, maybe that’s it? Go figure … sure do enjoy offline solo play a lot still.
Can you imagine the excitement if a Falcon 5.0 were announced? None of your usual crossover PC vs Console trade offs like we have these days If Gilman Louie were to resurface with his passion for the series, wow that would be great.
DCS has an F-16 module now of course, and its wonderful, but its not a study sim in the way the whole Falcon series was.
Loved reading that thing. I was such a nerd (was?). Think it got lost a few moves back
This is now released
- 4.35 is not an update to the former 4.34, but a new independent base installation
- 4.35 can co-exist with 4.34 on the same machine
— The build number string in the Falcon UI will read “4.35.0 (x64) Build 22548” for the base installation
BMS 4.35 Changelog Summary:
- DirectX 11 Upgrade
- Tactical Reference UI and Data Update
- Weather Control Improvement
- Zulu Time Integration
- Enhanced Flight Planning
- Updated 2D War
- Enhanced Fog Of War and Unit Detection (RECON/JSTAR)
- Improved Gameplay for KTO TvT Theater
- Revision of (AI) pilot names
- New Arresting System for emergency landings
- HTS and HARM improvements
- New multipage customizable kneeboards
- Full canopy control implementation
- Jet Fuel Starter 1+2 support
- Taxi-/Landing light update
- New Pilot Seat Adjustment
- New Anti-Ice Implementation
- Updated MFD fonts
- Enhanced Brakes + Hydraulic Systems
- Accurate Gear Implementation
- Better Aircraft Spawning and Despawning
- Improved Taxi, Lineup, Takeoff and Landing behavior (AI)
- ATC Overhaul (AI)
- Tanker AAR Update (AI)
- Carrier Enhancements (AI)
- RWR Realism Update
- New Pilot Death Situation
- SAM and AAA Operator Enhancement (AI)
- SAM Multi Targeting (AI)
- Enhanced Ship Self Defense Capability (AI)
- Anti Missile Intercept (AI)
- Better Aircraft Weapon Selection + Deployment (AI)
- Improved BVR Tactics (AI)
- More realistic pilot view and threat detection (AI)
- New Wind Turbine Facilities
- New Airbases
- New Features
- New Aircraft
- New Aircraft Skins
- New Ground Units
- New Naval Vessels
- Optimized LOD transition
- Improved Aircraft Destruction Model
- Moon Phases + Ephemeris
- Higher Atmosphere Upgrade
- Enhanced Smoke Duration for Destroyed Vehicles
- Updated switches on the F-18 cockpits
- Mirage 2000 cockpits improvements
- A-10 cockpit fixes
- New Sounds (internal + external)
- New HOTAS Callbacks
- RTTClient/RTTServer Update
- Hitbox Optimization
- Updated Flight Models (non F-16)
- Updated Key Files
- New Training Missions
- Documentation Update
- Enhanced Multiplayer Stability
- Hundreds of bug fixes, 3D and data improvements
Simply lovely! Sead/dead has just become a complex art form. @MigBuster, tried it already with vorpx now the 3d code is in dx11?
DX11 opens the door to VR though, as I understand it. I re-listened to the podcast:
…from last spring. I feel VR is a thing to them. Just, like everything else, when.
Correct, as I understand 4.36 will be all about the new terrain engine and gfx; this build is the foundation for all that. Vorpx didn’t hook in 4.34 most likely because of dx9. Will try tonight.
Ouch. I can only imagine how much work that is/was. At least in VR, I could live with the current terrain engine, especially if it saves time getting it all out. But I understand the motivation.
meh, i have to reactivate vorpx; to be continued