Falcon BMS Discussion

Warning: minor thread hijack

Deacon211, thanks for your insight. Just curious if you have read A Nightmare’s Prayer, and if so, mind sharing your thoughts?

1 Like

I’m sorry to say that I haven’t though I can’t tell you why not.

The guy who wrote it was in my squadron. I referenced him elsewhere. Zak was a hard charger!

4 Likes

I loved that information @Deacon211. Thanks very much.

I have a bit of an unhealthy interest in aar and tankers but after i was called “weird and boring” for showing an interest in an old site members profession ive tried my best not to speak about it. But anyway, really interesting stuff and thanks again

4 Likes

Ha, no worries!

I generally take being called weird and boring as a compliment.

4 Likes

Me too :rofl: but it still stung from him as i respected and admired the chap for being a kc135 pilot and being an expert in AAR. Which i find absolutely fascinating and have read a lot of books and material on for fun.

Anyway, he vanished off here ages ago so moving on…

I have a billion questions.

1 Like

Well, perhaps to spare this topic, we should start
the Mudspike Air Refueling thread?

3 Likes

Scary. I just said the exact same thing the other day (the topic was, very roughly, concerning how close to zero was the chance I’d have my own TV reality show).

1 Like

We most certainly should, if only to indulge the people in here who are so touched by the gods that they’d rather fly a tanker track than throw tons of hate on the wrongdoers of this world.

The AV-8B was the first DCS aircraft that I succesfully refueled. Maybe because you have to do it by sight picture and procedure and don’t see the thing hit the thing. I find tomcats incredibly hard to refuel, and get burned out trying to stay in the pocket with a viper.

1 Like

Animated GIF

4 Likes
6 Likes

The Alternative Launcher received an update to v2.1 (for those that use it). If you don’t, I HIGHLY recommend getting it installed. It’s a very handy all-in-one app. IMO, the best feature is you can map everything outside of the game allowing much better fine tuning than the (somewhat clunky late 1990s era) in-game menu.

7 Likes

4.36 Update 1 released:

Changelog:

1 Like

I really hate to ask this, because it’s probably discussed ad nauseum on the BMS forum, but what is the latest scuttlebutt on the VR implementation? < asks the guy whose account was deleted for inactivity

2 Likes

Same here, still on 4.34 for same reason.

As always nothing is known for certain - see what happens with 4.37.

2 Likes

Well, I’m corresponding with one BMS developer and additionally one member of our Virtual Squadron is BMS tester. You need to wait on BMS 4.37.
At least I had opportunity too see and fly shortly Falcon BMS 4.37 also in VR on our meeting in November 2021. We have a meeting in the same date this year. Wait and I will tell you soon what progress is. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Falcon BMS 4.36 base Falcon BMS 4.36 - Full Installer | Falcon BMS Forum

Falcon BMS 4.36 U1 Falcon BMS 4.36 U1 - Incremental Installer | Falcon BMS Forum

Falcon BMS 4.36 U2 Falcon BMS 4.36 U2 - Incremental Installer | Falcon BMS Forum

Falcon BMS 4.36 U3 Falcon BMS 4.36 U3 - Incremental Installer | Falcon BMS Forum

BMS 4.36 Theater List BMS 4.36 Theater List | Falcon BMS Forum

2 Likes

Wait, wait, WHAT? 4.37 will be VR?!

1 Like

Just two more weeks… ®

:joy: I kid, I’m as excited about returning to BMS as could be. VR will probably hurt sales of the DCS F16 significantly.

1 Like

Ok. Thats very interesting indeed.