Fishing

Yeah. Just have to be extra careful. I’m more worried of losing rods than poking hole with a hook. Yesterday I lost half a tackle box to the water-gods. Ops… Lesson learned.

1 Like

That’s a nice looking boat. It’s a shame you made someone happier :wink:

I’m testing at the moment to see if this hobby sticks. Upgrading to a better boat will require buying roof rack for the car…the cost can quickly runaway.

1 Like

Bought an anchor and tested the difference…and it is amazing. Now it’s just relaxing to stay put. No need to juggle rods and rows. Reorganized tackle box and that greatly enhanced enjoyment. Now I need to figure out how to keep fishing line tidee in each compartment.

1 Like

I put the lines into small zip plastic bags.

Went out today; drove for 40 minutes, assembled the boat and set everything up. Excitedly rowed, ate a sandwich and…noticed “pffffff” sound. Right side was loosing air. As quickly as possible rowed back to peer… found out that during entering ashore last trip I punchered a boat. Two holes were leaking air.

Now I need to repair the boat and use a better TTP to get out of the boat.

2 Likes

At least you got back in time. I dread the thought of having to get into some of the “supposedly” clean water around here.

2 Likes

Around this time last year, after being on the water already for 45+ minutes, I couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t keep a sit-on-top stable and not roll it.

Eventually swam it over to a nearby shore, in shame, to figure out what was going on.

It was a rental, turns out at some point someone had put a hole in the bottom and the patchwork the shop did was… less than sufficient. The internal compartment was completely flooded. I drained it and paddled back along shore as quickly as I could.

I got pretty pissed with the shop, thankfully it was me and not someone else that was less comfortable on the water. It wasn’t dirty but sure was cold up in the mountains.

1 Like

Let me show you how we do it in Texas!!

5 Likes

That can’t be Texas. I don’t see a shotgun or dynamite anywhere in that fishing picture. :wink:

Wheels

4 Likes

better watch out or that steer/mule (can’t quite make out it those are ears or horns) in the background is gonna come over for a snack! Very nice catch.

1 Like

the herd was down there getting a drink, cows are pretty funny animals. The bull came over to see what we were doing and we had a brief stare down.

1 Like

y’all gonna make me go garr fishing now so I have something that looks a bit bigger than my other fish previously.

Just hold it out towards the camera. An old Bill Dance trick.

1 Like

would it be too obvious what i was doing if i wore this shirt? (which I do actually own)

2 Likes

Salt water does produce some fun fishing…but freshwater IMHO is much harder.

4 Likes

Isn’t it hard to fish when you are wearing a black box over your head? :wink:

3 Likes

It has two way mirror setting. :wink:

4 Likes

Took the boat out after 3 puncher repairs. No catches, but relaxing evening looking over overflooded lake.

3 Likes

Always found that fishing in flood conditions was a bust for me too.

Wheels

1 Like

I grew up in the Western most point of Texas, but vacationed in Northern Wisconsin. Muskie country.

I’ve been a pike fishermen my whole life. I’ve gone for a lot of different fish and grown to respect the values of their pursuit. Largemouth is probably the best bang for your buck for fishing fun, Panfish are relaxing to catch, and ice fishing is dumb!

But, I’m always returning to the fish that just about pops your arms out of their sockets when they strike.

6 Likes