Games we are playing

Playing Metro Exodus, Far Cry New Dawn and Ghost Recon Wildlands on PS4 currently. Metro Exodus is definitely a spiritual successor of Stalker, such a great atmosphere.

3 Likes

I have to try Metro Exodus yet, I have it downloaded but not yet started it.

I’ve not played this game in years, but I was reminded of it recently and it is just about the best FPS game ever made if you’re into comedy.

4 Likes

Just finished F.E.A.R. ………ehh…good bad guy movements (I especially liked how they would hop around on one foot if you hit them in the leg) and the weird ghost things at the end were bit spooky but nowhere near the chills in System Shock 2. Wish that series hadn’t gone directly to BioShock…never got past the first couple of levels before I became frustrated and bored at the same time…you know…“I’ve need to find a way to get past this door but…I don’t really care…so…let’s see if Grey’s Anatomy is on…”

Also on the last levels of HalfLife 2…now that my Steam account is running again (after about an eight year sabbatical) I may go back to Black Mesa and the HL1 series.

Do you ever get to the end of a FPS that you have played before and not finished it because…not sure why…I just do.

1 Like

Metro Exodus is a great game, finished it just recently. Without much spoilers I will tell you to take your time, explore and don’t be a dick to NPC’s. Most human NPC are not hostile, approach them with your gun holstered and they will talk to you. It’s also wise to use stealh as much as possible, and knocking out enemies (if you approach them you have 2 options - knock out or stealth kill). Also help anyone who is in need. To get good ending you have to earn enough karma points to make sure all your friends in 3 open chapters will remain with your team. Although it is much easier to get good ending in this one than in 2033 or Last Light.

Also loved NOLF and its sequel. Great comedy (old bond films mixed with Austin Powers) and if you eavesdrop a lot you can hear many more interesting conversations :wink:

1 Like

There was a great convo about the Edsel in NOLF 1 that was both funny and insightful.

There was quite a gap between SS2 and Bioshock - 8 years. I don’t think that qualifies as “directly”. They did SWAT 4 in between for one, as well as something else I can’t recall. Like many series, the first Bioshock was the best. The later ones added new game mechanics, better graphics, and so on, but the original one had the best written and most impactful story.

Same with FEAR. The first game was excellent, the addons were ok, then the sequels and their addons got farther and farther from the original idea into generic shooter/horror that was fun enough but forgettable when done.

Currently playing The Division 2 which is very good and has some fantastic AI with them flanking and rushing you which makes it tense at some points.
I’m also interested in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRaXaLp-2_w the new game from From Software, might get that this week. Has anyone tried it? I love the setting but was not great (read very, very bad) at Dark Souls/Bloodborne so am a little worried I will find this hard but I want to try it.

1 Like

The one thing that always put me off of The Division was how bullet sponge the enemies are…
Beside that, the first one had a pretty cool story and stunning visuals.

1 Like

They’ve gotten around that to an extent by having an armour you have to get through but it is an RPG in effect rather than a typical Tom Clancy game so it comes with the territory. I personally don’t mind it but I understand the hit realism takes.
DC looks far more impressive than NY did in the first game with an amazing area to explore, gorgeous looking game.

1 Like

This looks like it could be fun… Generation Zero. It releases tomorrow (March 26). I love the 1980’s Sci-Fi vibe they have gone for.

4 Likes

Got me beady eyes on it since the first disclosure.
Nice vibe…

For the record, I was not the pilot of he crashed Viggen at 0:24.

Very cool…might have to get…love the high-school kid look…made me want to yell “Wolverines!”

2 Likes

I have been playing it this morning. So far it isn’t too bad. Beautiful locations, good lighting etc. For the most part you are just tramping around finding stuff, and either avoiding the machines or fighting them. So far, I have only encountered the ‘dog’ type of robot. I’m not going to highly recommend you guys buy it based on my couple of hours of single player time with the game, but it has so far kept me playing. It is not fast paced until the shooting starts.

I bet it would be fun with friends… kind of like a group hike with guns and robots - what’s not to like? :wink: .

5 Likes

It looks awesome but I can’t put my finger on why I was convinced it was a vr game for so long

Sometimes you just need to kick back and relax and reel in some monsters

5 Likes

I don’t like it, I DON’T LIKE IT !!!

5 Likes

I don’t like spiders and snakes.
And that ain’t what it takes to love me.

1 Like

Actually a pretty decent song. Heard it a lot as a kid since my mom was a pretty big fan of the artist.

Wheels

1 Like

Which fishing sim is that? I used to play those a lot years ago.

Fishing Sim World

Still enjoying it? I’ve been teetering on the edge of buying it for a bit now, trying to make up my mind :smiley: