Happy Pre-Turkeyday to all!

If only the back seat was mannable for free, like in Il2 BoX, or at a limited price, I’d be learning the INs and OUTs of the RIO stuff…

2 Likes

Agree, those guys are doing it right imo ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Let’s be honest and admit that the DCS modules are WAAAY more complicated than anything Il2 BoX does- so it’s actually correct to “pay for play” … if I could buy my seat with 10€ (so to speak) and guaranteed ONLY man the rear seat I’d be happy still!
Many would buy the F14 knowing that their best friend could get in with a minimal fee!

Or maybe not- I’m not a smart guy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did somebody already recommend “both”…somebody usually does. :grin:

2 Likes

… or the joke:
How do you know when your date with a Naval Aviator is half over?

When he says, “Well enough about me, let’s talk about flying.”

9 Likes

Wow! I think that was the fastest to earn “Nice Post” ! :grimacing:

1 Like

Ok,
After vacillating between the 14 and the 18. After pointing out I can’t get 'em both! My wife will kill me! After eagerly consuming all posting I came to the conclusion… I’ll buy em BOTH! and while I’m at it ill get the damn 86 and the Viggen! So about 2 bills later I’m sitting here wondering ’how the hell do I fly this one!

Cheers gents!

9 Likes

Congratulations on the additions to your virtual hangar! It’s much easier to enjoy DCS with an empty wallet - it takes away payload before hitting MTOW!

1 Like

Lol!

Indeed it does!

1 Like

Now hop on Hollo Pointe one of these days and learn to fly them with friendly instructors.

2 Likes

Well, why didn’t you put that one in the running? Beats all the other candidates combined. Now you can put your bjork in your bjork so you can bjork while you bjork.

2 Likes

I would enjoy and would benefit from some instruction!!
Beats only achieving the smoking hole status!

1 Like

I’ve trained up a few people on the RIO station, and I could give pointers for the front seat as well (though I’m inconsistent around the boat and I can’t stay in the basket). Give me a PM; we fly every Wednesday and Saturday evening.

1 Like

You got room for one more? I’d love to fly the Turkey with a human RIO and/or pilot. I probably won’t be able to jump in for a few weeks though (real life stuff).

1 Like

I predominantly fly the turkey now @Roo I’m happy to sit in the back and learn that for a while if you want to chauffeur me around or vice versa

I have a nice RIO checklist for startup I printed out as well that I nabbed off the ED forum. Let me know if you want a link or a copy as I love my checklists

@Roo,
PM Sent

Cheers guys. Once I get some time I’ll hit you up. :+1:

Remember the Viggens job is scream in at about 100-200m AGL, do either a pop-up or lay down delivery, largely manually (no fancy target pods), and then scream back out an an AGL that involves pulling pine branches out of the intake (if you’re doing an ASuW strike, than subtract 75m and substitute herring for tree branches). At night. In bad weather.

4 Likes

Take some time to get your wife flowers, chocolate and a nice bottle of wine!

2 Likes

Fixed that for you…from my personal experiences. :open_mouth:

4 Likes