Heatblur F-14 and Forrestal Update

If only Ed would sprinkle some dcs full switcherooney love on the su27 or 33, then things would be very different.

Though if they did an f111, I guess all other modules would need respirators from the growing dust they would gather

2 Likes

My favorite callsign - a female FA-18 driver on the STENNIS/CVW-14 WEATPAC in 2004. She was big–something like 6’2". Call sign “Fish” - acronym for F–k, Is She Huge.

5 Likes

A very Cool DCS Member has made the manual available in PDF Version.
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!ADWEIiv44-ckmQU&cid=BA8D40D87DB99C2E&id=BA8D40D87DB99C2E!75050&parId=BA8D40D87DB99C2E!75040&o=OneUp

3 Likes

The woman who plays Brienne on GoT is 6’3".
What is the height range for modern fighters anyway? As in min/max for the ejection seats to handle safely? I know older fighters it was a bit narrower.

I have no idea. I only know she was huge. Also a nice person and a good stick.

1 Like

Hey I am 6’2". And my wife is 6’1".
Our kids are quite well on their way to the ceiling too! :smiley:

2 Likes

The long delayed A-29 Super Tucano and AH-1 Cobra have been my anticipated modules. With hints of a possible OV-10, I might cave.

3 Likes

This one should make Tomcat purists cringe a bit. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Shudder

1 Like
9 Likes

That was a very well done video. Overviews like this are gold to prepare for an upcoming release.

2 Likes

Yes
I Cringed
and then lost my dinner at the mention of “Stealthcat”
veggie burgers with guacamole if anybody is taking notes.

Now that makes me lose my lunch
 And those cookies I ate in 3rd grade.

1 Like

Reminds me of this one Vegan I was trying to date a couple of summers ago

1 Like

Let me guess, you ended up having some beef with her? :smiley:

8 Likes

Not sure on height, I know there is a min/max for weight. I have seen a few tall pilots in the fighter world but not many. At 6’2" the F-15C was a tight fit for me for maintenance purposes, removing displays and what not. But it wasnt uncomfortable just sitting there.

1 Like

Short stocky build is better for taking the G or so I read. I also read that in centrifuge research the USSR found women to take about half a G more than men on average.

Women are shorter than men on average. :wink:

Most fighter pilots I met in real life and most of the ones on TV seem to be shorter than 6’.
So yeah, maybe helps with Gs and when in a crammed cockpit.

A Luftwaffe officer once told me on an airshow that the maximum height for a Tornado is 1.87m.

Now how does this fit the topic of this thread? Perhaps swing wing stuff?