Heatblur F-14 and Forrestal Update

Shorter generally means less weight which means less strain under g loads

Itā€™s not just about height, but about build. A shorter aviator means that the centrifugal acceleration does not have as much effect when the g load starts sending the blood to the feet. Think of it like a wrench, where a longer handle means more torque. Not exactly the same thing, but this should help to visualize the principle.

The other factor is that a muscular person is better built to combat sustained g-loads. The ability to ā€œclinch upā€ helps keep the blood from pooling in the feet, which is why the hook maneuver is used (it tightens the abs and fights to keep the blood above the waist and by extension in the head).

In other words, Tom Cruise does in fact have the ideal build for a fighter pilot!

1 Like

3 Likes

From Cobra over on the ED forums.

Hi Everyone,

End of winter is rapidly approaching - and weā€™re proud to say that weā€™re now feature complete and in RC-type build status. What that means is that weā€™ve completed implementation of everything that we consider necessary for early access release, and are now focused on ironing out any remaining major or game breaking issues. Weā€™ve launched the manual to great feedback (thanks to everyone who helped out and who has reported issues since!) and the only remaining step for us now is to get the aircraft in your hands.

Over the past two weekends, weā€™ve ran two large stress tests with 30+ Tomcats on a single server. These have allowed us to debug various issues across a more dense multiplayer environment. The expansion of the testing team to include many more people has also been very helpful in establishing what needs revision and work.

Weā€™re eager to share with you the launch day of the F-14, pending EDā€™s final approval. We hope this will happen within the next few days.

Also in the coming days, weā€™ll be going through what to expect from the F-14 Early Access, what our roadmap is for itā€™s final release (-A, Campaigns, other missing features, etc.) and projected timescales. Hopefully these will give you a good idea of what youā€™ll be flying on day one, as well as what the future holds for our F-14 project. The F-14 wonā€™t be perfect when we launch, but we intend to show you just how committed we are to quality and our product in the days following release. Expect to be impressed.

More than anything, thank you for your support. Itā€™s what keeps us going on long, dark, coffee-fueled nights. Weā€™re looking forward to breathing a little post launch and as we settle into our Tomcat journey together.

Sincerely,
Team Heatblur

12 Likes

3 Likes

6 Likes

Letā€™s do this!

My money is waiting! Take it!

ā€¦and here I am, flying out of town for the next 5 days. Figures.

2 Likes

I think they will just share the launch date in the next few days. My guess is you wonā€™t miss anything :slight_smile:

1 Like

You still here? Go already, so they can release itā€¦ :wink:

5 Likes

A few of us have have gathered together in anticipation of the imminent releaseā€¦
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydpmzU_i2hg

3 Likes

Never fails, right? I was out of town when they released the hornet too.

3 Likes

Maybe it will be released at the same time as the next Beta patch which I believe is on the 27th?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s it!! Iā€™m canceling my Winter Mexican Trip!!!image

2 Likes

And when I get back, I immediately have to spend a week doing midterms for school. Good times.

4 Likes

7 days? No, I donā€™t see that happening. More likely March 13 if they release before March 20.

2 Likes

Alert 5 Podcast Featuring Heatblur

1 Like

Feels. Iā€™ll be moving and adjusting to a new job in late March. I was hoping to get the Turkey during my long winter vacation.

1 Like

Cold and dark is up on youtube:

9 Likes

So tempted to watch the cold start video, but I also really dig trying to fire up a new aircraft without any references, just to see if I can. Hereā€™s hoping I can hold out for another Two Weeksā„¢.

2 Likes