Heatblur F-14 and Forrestal Update

I saw this video posted around 6am and thought the same. I lasted till 10…

The voice attack integration with jester makes me so happy. I can’t wait

You get a Cold and Dark badge once I figure out how to make it…

4 Likes

:norway:
There…

16 Likes

It is done :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yay Troll! You made my morning after suffering through the NYT crossword.

2 Likes

My hero!

So how do you gain it?

I can still cold start the A10c ka50 and both huey and hip
Everything else is left windows /home :sunglasses:

You have to video yourself doing the Macarena in VR during a cold and dark startup.

2 Likes

By stating your undying love, appreciation and dedication to starting from a cold and dark cockpit and then clicking everywhere until it starts :slight_smile:

I can cold start the MiG-15, F-86, the F-5E, Mirage 2K, A-10C and I used to be able to do the Ka-50 but I let that atrophy.

It’s one of my favourite parts of DCS, having a bored-sounding instructor walk me through a cold&dark start until I can do it by heart. For that matter, I would really love it if the dude @Baltic_Dragon found to do the MiG-19 training voiceover could do the MiG-21s.

Flying a machine intensively for a bit (a campaign for example) grinds the procedure in. I don’t think I will easily un-learn the MiG-15 for example.

Is there a Win+Home badge?

4 Likes

Well there should be :smiley:

1 Like

Saw this on reddit, figured the hype wasn’t high enough in here.

4 Likes

:slight_smile: !! LOL

1 Like

Watch it with the sound turned down…The cockpit textures are “UnReal”!!!

1 Like

Yeah…I like BD’s voice. The best was that dude that did the A-10C training missions though…he sounds like a drill instructor…LOL…

5 Likes

Oooo, that is my wife’s birthday. I will have to cancel our dinner date!
:sunglasses:

8 Likes

Just get her a tomcat for her birthday and let her be the backseat driver for real.

9 Likes

I didn’t find the Yak-52 that hard to cold start… But I was going off of what I remembered about the IL-2’s cockpit and the Su-17/22M4. So might be cheating a bit there. :thinking:

1 Like