Heatblur F-14 and Forrestal Update

Those look great.

1 Like

Those are some photo-real smudges on glass there. Quite surprising.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s going to drive me nuts, not being able to clean the glass! Maybe they can model a microfiber cloth as part on the package ;).

4 Likes

Hahaā€¦Not Proud to say but thatā€™s what my iPhone looks like 80% of the timeā€¦okā€¦95% :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, you are supposed to touch an iPhone screen but Iā€™m pretty sure that is not the case in an F14 cockpit. Lol.

4 Likes

easily a simple alpha channel edit.

1 Like

Never underestimate how maddeningly often pilots will touch MFDs. It drives me crazy because none of ours has any touch functionsā€¦

6 Likes
6 Likes

Those shots look photoreal. I wonder how much video memory those high res textures will consume?

1 Like

All of it.

4 Likes

Iā€™m just joking around @SkateZilla . It just made me laugh because, as Chris mentioned, some pilots just canā€™t keep their grubby mitts off the cockpit displays, although these days the likes of Garmin actively encourage the practice :wink: .

arenā€™t these shots old already?

Bloody heck. Iā€™ll return to my bunkā€¦

I had thought the same thing, but I think they are just similar angles, with upgraded textures? There was a post somewhere about how they were redoing a bunch of texture stuff.

These are from a recent FB post made by Eagle Dynamics,

The screens however have shown up in previous Heatblur updates.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3296154&postcount=1
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3330196&postcount=1

2 Likes

I see,my mistake,thx for clarification .

I wonder if these ā€œself-reflectionsā€ over the yellow/black fire extinguisher and fuel shut off handle are a new thing in DCS World, Iā€™ve never seen cockpit reflections like these before?

I feel the same way about laptop screens and monitors. Theyā€™re NEVER touch screens, yet when people point things out they seem incapable of NOT touching the screen to do it.

ā€œLook at this hereā€ thump

Is half an inch away just a bridge too far? I donā€™t mean a foot away, but within an inch is pretty obvious what youā€™re pointing at and no grease is transferred!

3 Likes

This reminds me of the time I asked my wife if she could see if I had something in my eye and after looking she pointed at it and stuck her finger in my eye :frowning:

5 Likes