Hi all, New to forum

Hey all, My name is Danny but ppl call me Soda.
I bought a Pimax 5K+. I switched from a Oculus CV1 because I use it for Iracing 99% of the time. I noticed it doesn’t have and traking things like the oculus did so upon some digging I read I need a lighthouse. Is there any other piece of equipment I would need to not have the car move if I move?
This reminds me of building my hot rod. There is always something else to buy to make the first thing work like it should lol

6 Likes

And it never stops… :wink:
I can’t help you out, but I’d like to say; Welcome to Mudspike! :mudspike:

2 Likes

Same! Welcome @mookandairin!

2 Likes

It has inside-out tracking, but only in 3-DOF. So you can only watch left-right up-down and tilt without any position tracking (leaning about, walking around). You can activate this by going to PiTools → settings → HMD and turning on the 9-axis mode.

If you do wanna return to the capabilities the CV1 had you do indeed need a lighthouse. It’s best if you buy a pair and run one in B mode and the other in C mode. This is what affords the best tracking possible. However unlike the CV1 you can also use only just one and run it in A mode. The devices themselves are passive in that they only send out their signals without any communication or calculation. This means they don’t need USB but power supply instead. If your PC has bluetooth it can turn them on and off. If not, you can get a free app for your phone. If that isn’t an option you can go old school and pull the plug out when you’re done using them.

Hope that helps! welcome to Mudspike!

1 Like

welcome to mudspike

1 Like

Welcome to Mudspike @mookandairin. :sunglasses:

Wheels.

Welcome to Mudspike!

I’m no help there either, but Welcome!

Welcome

Welcome to Mudspike…! Good bunch of enthusiasts here that are always able to point ya’ in the right direction…or give you a fun route in the wrong one… :wink:

5 Likes

Welcome to our happy little corner of the net :grinning:

I’ll second that. Like I say to my wife, often, “Honey, thanks for being normal”. :wink:

Welcome