Hollo Pointe North January WWII Fun Flight

We really should make best efforts to do a quick flight with @Wes and @Franze et al on HPN with a DCS warbird flight. It was good fun with the Dora, so I just need a tiny push to do a fun PvE with a couple of people.

EDIT: Everyone welcome on Hollo Pointe - info on SRS, Discord and the Server here:

4 Likes

I should be able to manage that. I’m in a bit of a hole in my schedule right now where I actually have a few days off, and then I transition to night shifts, which usually gives me time off. I’ll see if I can hook up tonight at some point…getting the kids to bed at 9PM is sometimes a challenge to evening flying. They can’t stand to go to bed if they see Daddy still having fun doing something…

2 Likes

Judging from results someone might be losing any potential arguments.

@fearlessfrog just fyi, I am usually around west coast prime times twiddling my thumbs with nothing to do and have most of the ww2 birds

3 Likes

Tell them you have to fly the Hawk and they’ll probably feel sorry for you and go to bed themselves? :wink:

We also need to rope @Fridge into this, and the rarest of rare MP unicorns @Troll (who selfishly lives on the wrong side of the sphere just to spite us I think).

I shall forsake the hockey tonight (they’ll win now) and will be on HPN at 2020-01-17T02:30:00Z unless I get stuck under something heavy (dog is growing fast)

5 Likes

I should be on tonight. Gonna go make myself a nice supper and then settle in to the P-51 or something on HPN :slight_smile:

3 Likes

LOL… I should be able to make 9:30PM… :+1:

3 Likes

I will not be forsaking hockey this evening, so I hope to stumble in a little after 10 pm

3 Likes

Now would be a bad time to mention the server is running Offensive Posture which is wholly modern…

Fortunately I check up here frequently, and thanks to @WreckingCrew pointing me to Google Remote Desktop (TV gave the commercial lock to us both, he was denied & I got approved for return to free/home only for it to lock out immediately again so they got sent to the recycle bin) I got the phone app so the No Effort range is running again!

4 Likes

9:30 PM EST? I’ll try to make it provided the Missus lets me.

2 Likes

Lots of fun was had. I’m glad I came!

12 Likes

Nice to finally talk to you in person @Chuck_Owl! It was very enjoyable all around…!

5 Likes

Yep, it was good fun. Thanks for hosting @Wes, things worked great.

3 Likes

I do.
But @smokinhole promised me the right hand seat in his bird, and as much Star Wars stuff my flightbag can carry, if I ever move across the pond.
So I’m considering it…

5 Likes

I have recently upped my flying to a couple of hours or so everyday when possible, normally after wife has fallen asleep on the sofa and I pack her off to bed and between shifts in the restaurant kitchen during the day. It has been useful time spent as I can now expend everything I can hang off the hornet and hit things😇

2 Likes

I am so irritated I was at work last night and missed the meetup :sob: Fingers crossed for next time.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Poll: How many hours a week are you usually simming?

After seeing @fearlessfrog darting around in the F-8…errrr5 I decided to pick it up in the sale today.

3 Likes

i’ll be grabbing the i-16 at least and here i thought i was safe since the other sale just ended… damn you ED :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The lob bombing in the Sabre is worth the entrance price, great fun.

My tally on HPN last night.

• Dora 1, lost it on takeoff, with @Fridge as my witness for the insurance claim. Learnt that locking the tail wheel helps greatly.

• Dora 2, blew the engine in hangar (so odometer on this one 000000). I think I just didn’t give it enough time to warm up. Same issue on a MG B I broke once.

• Dora 3, tried an Immelmann Turn at too low an altitude. I blame the metric system.

• Dora 4, got a calendar notification on a 2nd monitor and sat there like an idiot wiggling the as now lost focus DCS controls in VR.

I then got an email from the Dora factory with the word ’STOP’.

• Huey 1, sort of played bumper cars with @Wes’s parked aircraft. Broke bits off. Great fun, we should do a helo night!

• Spitfire. Couldn’t start it as I forgot the wobble pump bit.

• C101, thought we could twin cockpit it (was fun before) but DCS sort of died on me. Frame rate went down the toilet.

• Sabre, no controls bound and no FPS in VR but fun to streak around like a piece of shined metal.

I’m glad I don’t pay per seat in DCS :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I read some history books that indicated the Germans were often running into ridgelines and losing control due to perusing calendars. I’m sure I read it somewhere… :thinking: Realistic!

3 Likes