How are we doing?

Aww shucks. I can say for certain that I think of you all as my sim proximity acquaintances.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been going through a rough patch in life recently as some of you may know. And really Mudspike and the community that goes with it has been a wonderful source of joy and distraction. Thank you all for making this community what it is, letā€™s hope we can keep this train going!

11 Likes

Yā€™all are doing great, I feel really good here. :slight_smile:
http://1.1.1.3/bmi/www.lolcats.com/images/u/08/46/lolcatsdotcomj4wgx1z66imduk9x.jpg

5 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. Iā€™m sure the holiday season is rough when youā€™ve got so much whirling around in your head about your brother. Hope we all continue to grow closer in 2017ā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™m getting this every 20 or so minutes, should I be worried?

We use a commercial service called Cloudflare to help prevent Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) attacks. Despite us being so cuddly and sickeningly friendly here we actually get attempted attacks quite often. Weā€™ve had 22 already today, mostly from Eastern Europe (although who knows where it originates from, as most of the botnet are just poor compromised XP machines).

It is likely classifying a share IP block you are on as unfriendly, i.e:

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/203366080-Why-do-I-see-a-captcha-or-challenge-page-Attention-Required-trying-to-visit-a-site-protected-by-Cloudflare-as-a-site-visitor-

Iā€™ll see if I can tweak something. Sometimes it someone else on your block being naughty and you get caught in recaptcha damage.

What browser version you using?

1 Like

See, thatā€™s probably good advice. I would have recommended selling your house and moving to a new country.

2 Likes

Google Chrome. It also might be on my end. Just found out one of my housemates may or may not be using a service that may or may not be dumping our IP as one of those block listed countries.

1 Like

I have often thought of movingā€¦

3 Likes

Lol - because Western Poland is so 1990ā€¦

1 Like

@BeachAV8R - who did you upset in Slovakia?

@near_blind - if it keeps happening, or you canā€™t convince your housemate to move out back to Slovakia then PM me your IP or something and I can try to whitelist it.

2 Likes

Or - you ease off on that F5 button just a little. :wink:

I did recently say I enjoyed the movie Behind Enemy Lines, but that movie more implies Bosniaā€¦

4 Likes

I usually come here, float around, read what I need and leave.
Today, just poked around and took my time.

Wanted to comment on how well designed this site is - so intuitive
and easy to get around. Interface is really nice (and sensible).
Mudspike really stands out compared to peer sites.

Good on ya Mudspike!

5 Likes

I want to add on @piper post- totally true. Not only that- I laso find myself try and using the Mudspike keyboard shortcuts in other forums.
:frowning:
Should be some sort of standard, honestly.

1 Like

You should stick around Piper! I have made my new virtual home over here. Friendly faces and a generally positive attitude. Itā€™s a breath of fresh air.

2 Likes

LOLā€¦thatā€™s awesome. We are definitely a morning newspaper and cup of coffee site as opposed to click bait and 20 second news stories. I owe the fulfillment of the vision of the site to the two co-founders - @EinsteinEP and @fearlessfrog. And Frog keeps this place from burning to the ground when various software updates. If I were in charge of the pointy end of the site, it would probably look like a Geo-Cities pageā€¦ :smiley:

Thanks for the kind wordsā€¦and hope you find some good content hereā€¦

Regards,
Chris

5 Likes