I found ya'll.

I think that you must have had either hardware failure or a real life conflict, because you were a DNS for race 2. You certainly had the speed in race 1.

Hi kids and fellow old geezers.

Sim racing has become so fragmented now with 6 major titles (so much for the term “wealth of riches”) that I recreated / reenergized /reconstructed SimhqMotorsports.com into a Wordpress site (again) where we report on the different sim racing series SHQM competes in. We also have a Discord server running now so if anyone is interested in sim racing, click on the Discord page at our site and join up.

/ sorry Beach - shameless promotion :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yep, I remember many of the names from the races I ran in those days. Really jogs the memory looking over those standings charts. Hard to believe it’s been that many years ago.

3 Likes

I had the privilege of meeting him in person quite a few years ago. I was out in California climbing Mt. Whitney. He took me to his house, and then took me over to China Lake to visit his squadron. It was awesome. Even the ride over to the base felt like a race. LOL…smooth is fast…fast is smooth. If I ever need a GTA wheel guy, I’m calling him…

2 Likes

I think I’ve leapt into the second category now. I knew it when my son started hiking my wheels off a couple months ago on a local mountain…

I’d love to find a few moments to do some racing. I really need a desk to mount a wheel to though because my current glass one is really a poor fit for racing.

2 Likes

Hey Doug, good to see you still kicking!

Now, where did I store that wheel…

I too have dwelt in that cave, my friend. At least mine are both girls so there’s less natural competitiveness at work.

1 Like

True…it’s more like…

5 Likes

Scraping off the mold from this dedthread… You know we could all grab vehicles and drive around a Casacus race course in 2.51. :wink:

3 Likes

now theres a name I havent heard in a long time…

There are many things SimHQ smells like, but I cannot for the life of me say them publicly w/ good manners.

Haha…the great part of that is if anyone falls behind…“LOADER…LOAD SABOT…”

“ON THE WAAAAAYYYY”…

1 Like

I like this idea…

Or through Vegas in NTTR, or through Dubai once Persian Gulf is here…

This so SO going to turn out something between Wacky Races and Mad max Fury Road…

2 Likes

Go on…

1 Like

And a guy in a heavily armed Mi-8 doing camera work / referee / spicing up the game with salvoes of S-8 rockets :facepunch:

1 Like

I see no downside to this idea… closing activity for the next fly in!?

2 Likes

There is another thing I wanted to add… but I need a written confirmation that y’all are sitting and with an helmet on, 'cause it could really blow some minds.

1 Like

How much area does an MLRS saturate? :thinking:

2 Likes

Depends on the warhead and type.

The M270 MLRS firing M26 DPICM is designed to completely blanket a 1x1km square.

I might have worked for an artillery guy once…

1 Like