I Want Hyperlobby!

Anyone else miss it? Some of you probably still play IL2:1946 and therefore have nothing to miss. I miss HL like crazy. It was perfect for enthusiasts like us who share an interest but not necessarily the same sims. Back in the old days we could chat in the lobby, cajole one another into jumping into a mission or coop. Ironically, I think one of the last times I ever used Hyperlobby was when someone in chat recommended that I try an new game called Rise of Flight. That was the beginning of the end for me.

Anyway, I was just thinking about this as I have recently been trying to test a little DCS mission and have no way to contact friends other than Steam. To overstate it a bit, it is a little like the burning down of the library in Alexandria. We’ve gone backwards in capability.

3 Likes

Yes hyperlobby was a highly used and enjoyed piece of kit.

Tried hamachi too, but hyperlobby was where its at.

1 Like

I think it’s been 7-8 years since I last used it. Used to be a daily ritual of mine to sign into it from 2001-2009!

1 Like

Funny I was looking through some old drives that are mainly used as storage and I find I still have hyperlobby installed

Still available here HyperLobby 4.3.5 - HyperLobby Online System
Manual here
HyperLobby manual HyperLobby 4.x manual - HyperLobby Online System