IL-2 Great Battles Dev News

IL-2 moves into Caucasus ! and its looking great !

Source: Developer Diary - Page 4 - Announcements - IL-2 Sturmovik Forum

4 Likes

I hope they add VR support soon!
And…I know I sound like a broken record…I hope they will make a RoF2…!

2 Likes

Wow!

5 Likes

they are really stepping up the game :slight_smile:

So if the new DCS Normandy map has ‘historical modes’, where things like trains/units either look modern or period-setting (1944 etc) depending on a setting, won’t it be ironic (in the non-morissette way) if the DCS 2.5 Caucuas map also works like that. That way we’ll have two new Caucasus maps being able to be set in 1944 released in a similar timeframe - what are the chances? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

never knew that they gonna have that kinda settings … but it most deff interesting me :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Ditto. VR support is pretty much mandatory for me. Until then, Il-2 BOS, CLOD, ROF and F4-BMS are all going to sit idle next to DCS.

1 Like

(VR and a Dynamic Campaign form the Zoot and Dingo in my Quest for the Holy Grail. Thank you,@MBot, for the DC’s in DCS!)

1 Like

VR Support can not come soon enough IMHO

1 Like

Was curious where the DCS World and IL2 Kuban map overlap.

From this. Developer Diary - Page 4 - Announcements - IL-2 Sturmovik Forum

…we very roughly we get this overlayed with DCS Caucaus:

The procedural tech on those examples looks great. It’ll be interesting to compare the Sochi area where the mountains get bigger.

EDIT: Better overall comparison from DCS 1.5.7, with the ‘mountain areas’ of DCS show where the details starts/ends (very roughly)

7 Likes

What an exciting time! Got CoD but haven’t really given that a proper go. I should get Stalingrad soon I suppose.

1 Like

CoD is so hit and miss with whether you can get it to work. I went through all the steps to get the TeamFusion stuff working and it still crashed on me all the time. I ended up giving up on it, sadly.

just for the record…

IL-2 BOS BOM or BOK are standalone and merged in the same time … sounds funny but i will explain … It means that if u get for example BOM (Battle of Moscow) u will be able to fly the planes in that campaign (list is on il-2’s website) but it doesnt mean u wont be able to fly online on the Stalingrad map or the Kuban, but u wont be able to fly on those maps in singleplayer. all though if u buy them all then u will be able to merge em all togather and fly on every map u have :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So, multiplayer = everyone gets everything. singleplayer = what you buy?

3 Likes

More or less like in Rise of Flight…

1 Like

exactly :slight_smile:

From Han
"_Hello Everybody,

Another productive week has passed. We achieved a good progress in implementing VR devices support via Open VR API - HTC Vive and Oculus Rift. Both devices work in our sim already - visuals work, their parameters are being adjusted and possible performance optimizations are being researched. We used a certain approach to interact with existing user interface in VR environment conveniently. We’ll start beta testing of the VR sub-system in the nearest future and it’s planned to make Open VR support available to public in March.

At the same time, He-111 H-16 and Fw 190 A-5 development is almost finished and we’ll start their beta testing this weekend (they will be released in 2-3 weeks). As we mentioned in our previous Dev Diaries, these planes turned out to be quite interesting. Meanwhile, the next Battle of Kuban planes are entering the development phase - today we can show you our first WIP screenshots of the A-20B bomber. This aircraft is going to be the most expensive in production for us, but it should also be among the most interesting planes_

4 Likes

Source: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/?p=443482

wish i could get a computer that would support VR xD … well i can im just too cheap when it comes to VR :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That’s exciting. Very interested in this.

3 Likes

for those who already have il-2 BOS and want BOM you should have 40 % off on BOM :smiley:

1 Like