IL-2 Great Battles Dev News

Map is really nice. FM improvements are too. Gonna get even better as it is updated but great to have in hand finally.

1 Like

Guys… got a little issue- this one: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/30090-nvidia-graphics-issues-post-here/page-2

Suddently it started giving me that error.
I tried updating the graphic card drivers but to no avail.
Few minutes in it simply locks, freeze and crash. :frowning:
Daang.

Just to be clear, no other game gives me any problem whatsoever.

I have not flown in a couple of months, I will test tonight before I fly some DCS or CloD or ROF (not sure which yet).

they released another 500~ mb patch today check after the update if its ok.

WILCO

EDIT: There’s no mention of that bug fix, but let’s try…

Nope… Still crashes a minute or so in mission… :frowning:

I flew 6 missions last night in BoM in VR and not a problem. Will try in 2D. CloD no problem either with a fresh install and latest nvidia drivers.

Edit: It looks like my BoX had a 563 MB update at 1725 today. Give it a go in a few minutes in 2D.

No issues with BoX 2.012b and nvidia drivers 385.41, game managed 3D settings set to High.

Capture

It actually seems to be a problem related to 780 cards.
Only solution so far is to roll back to older drivers but…

Hmm, I think I may need me some Kuban!

The newletter and more pics here:

https://il2sturmovik.com/informburo/e340df8339404f8d8bfc929f09afcfdc/503ce0d38134f711b4ceaa1a13e6c70a/

4 Likes

I wish that they would hurry up and release it on Steam :slight_smile: <<<<< no reference to another thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you have BoS on Steam, you should be able to activate BoK if you buy it in their store.

3 Likes

Thanks Sryan. Do you have any links or threads posted to explain how? I do see on the product page this statement, “Pre-Order customers will have the option to receive a Steam key for this product after its release.” But is that referring to the real release or the early access?

I think it uses IL-2 BOS’s own ‘unlocker’ as in you have Battle of Stalingrad from Steam already, you buy a ‘key’ (more an unlock) for Battle of Kuban on the 1C/777 store, and then it unlocks in-game in the version you already have.

The thing I’m not sure of is if that just unlocks the BoK planes or the new map itself.

It may be the case that you need to download a version direct from 1C/777 rather than use the build that is up on Steam. I’ll try to find out.

EDIT: I think it is already in the Steam shipped depot version, but as it’s pre-release it’s more just accessible via quick mission and editor, i.e. IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad General Discussions :: Steam Community

EDIT2: Yep, you can see the lump of new stuff added to 2.012 in the Steam depot - https://steamdb.info/app/307960/history/

1 Like

I bought it in the online store and even though on the License keys page it doesn’t show it with a Steam key, it is in the Quick mission builder when I launch the game in Steam. No campaign or single player missions, but the map and Collector planes are available. Very kool komrades. Spasibo.

3 Likes

Ooh nice - more screens or an AAR!? :slight_smile:

Here you go, eighteen minutes of furball. I’ve been out of the saddle a long while and my WW2 chops are not what they used to be. Still, a good look at the environmentals and Summer Kuban terrain. Mostly MiG-3 vs Bf109E7. I know better than to take on F4s or Gs in the MiG in my current sorry state. Would need a Yak-3 for that :slight_smile:

5 Likes

If the new DCS Caucasus map doesn’t look this good, I’ll riot!

I wish I liked this sim more. I can’t justify the outlay for Moscow or Kuban - I don’t even have Stalingrad installed any more (or CloD for that matter), though I do have 1946 installed and am desperately trying to find my original IL-2 disc.
Found the box, but lost the disc - really used to enjoy those train attack missions in the original.

These latter ones look great, but for me they just don’t do it for me, when in the cockpit.

The sim is great in VR (although I much prefer native Oculus support to SteamVR). I was slow to warm up to BoX as well, but now I wonder why I took so long.

2 Likes