Not only is the Kuban scenery spectacular, but the P-39 is just fun to fly!
Looks like BOS is 66% off at the moment sitting at $16.99. I’m not a huge WW2 flyer…but I think I’ve seen some pretty good endorsements for BOS in VR…so I might want to give it a whirl… And @fearlessfrog wrote a glowing report of PWCG in this post…
…and Einstein seemed to like it pretty well…
Troll like it too!
And they are doing the sequel to Rise of Flight, under the IL-2 franchise; Flying Circus!
The new Career alone is worth it at that price. I’ve been flying “dead is dead” and so far haven’t managed to live past two weeks.
The career mode should’ve been there from day one, but way better late than never, right? I might pick up Kuban and Moscow, after all. Doubt I’ll grab Bodenplatte. Reason? I’ve probably got an ATP’s worth of time in Il-2 '46 on the Western front alone.
Throw me some Pacific (especially if Aussie fighters are included) or Mediterranean and it is on like donkey kong.
Have there been any posts mentioning when “Kuban” DLC will be released on Steam?
you might have to double check if this still applies, but my BoM and BoK keys worked for my steam account. It works as a DLC for BoS, though.
One month has passed since the Battle of Kuban release, but the first Bodenplatte aircraft will be ready next month, therefore we have decided not to delay further and release this ‘tiny’ in-between update, that contains 86 changes and additions, before May.
Because of the many changes and fixes, it can’t be called a hotfix anymore, it’s a full-blown update 3.002. Almost a half of the list is occupied by Career mode improvements - as we have promised before, its development continues after the release of Kuban. Now we’re tuning it and fixing the bugs, but in June we plan to add many new mission types.
The other changes are for multiplayer, user interface, aircraft models and so on. Long story short, here’s the full change list:
- Landing secondary task is counted correctly;
- Airfield name is correctly listed in the new day message text;
- A player will be executed for firing at allies;
- A rare issue that could happen during starting a mission without a player has been fixed;
- Several similar awards awarded simultaneously (for example, monetary bonuses) show up correctly;
- Iron сross 1st class, Honor Goblet and German cross in gold are awarded correctly;
- Wound badges are awarded correctly;
- Second and subsequent awarding of The Order of the Red Banner has been corrected;
- Order of the Patriotic War of the 1st degree is awarded correctly;
- Honorary medals given for the completion of battles are awarded correctly;
- Pilot names in the mission briefing are shown in the chosen language;
- Miscellaneous data in the mission briefing is shown in the metric or imperial system depending on what is selected in the game options;
- Monetary bonuses for the number of combat sorties are awarded correctly;
- The layout of some newspaper issues has been corrected;
- Career re-entering problem in a day of regiment relocation was fixed;
- Missed new airfield name in a day of relocation was fixed;
- A missing image was added to regiment change event;
- An additional message added after the successful landing at home airfield in the river crossing attack mission type, landing secondary task is counted in the statistics;
- AI planes use correct paint scheme depending on the season (Summer or Winter);
- Aircraft modifications become available in historically accurate timeframes:
- MiG-3: 20mm SHVAK cannons since June 1942;
- La-5 series 8: M-82F engine and faceted canopy since March 1943;
- Bf 109 G2: transparent armored headrest since November 1942;
- Ju-87D: Bk-3,7 cannons since March 1943;
- Hs 129: MK-103 gun since July 1943.
- Problematic take-off from some airfields (Tushino, Dvoyevka, etc.) has been addressed;
- Other squadron fighters won’t appear on the same runway with players flight and collide with it;
- AI controlled MC.202 on the Moscow map and Fw-190A-3 on the Stalingrad map won’t appear anymore since they weren’t there historically (these planes are only accessible to the player);
- The types of aircraft in the AI groups have been adjusted according to historical data;
- IL-2 mod.1943rd year now uses a two-color version of camouflage (green-black) until August 1943 and the new three-color camouflage at the beginning of August and later;
- The bridge in the river crossing attack mission in the vicinity of Sukhanovsky (map coordinates 0817-7) correctly show as destroyed;
- AI won’t try to land at the enemy (players) territory;
- ‘Enemy ferry attack mission’ has been renamed to ‘Enemy river crossing attack’;
- AI dive bombers (Ju-87) will always correctly attack their target instead of circling above it;
- AI planes won’t collide with the trees at the Kalinin airfield;
- ‘Rare’ and ‘medium’ Career object intensity settings will result in better performance;
- Enemy bomber groups won’t fly during overcast weather;
- During the ground troops cover missions the player’s flight will continue to attack nearby enemy aircraft after completion of the mission task;
- In ground attack missions you won’t sometimes get the mission successful message while flying to the target;
- Pe-2 in the battle of Kuban are equipped with VUB-1 turret mod by default, representing 110+ series of the aircraft;
- Player now is assigned to missions more frequently while playing in transport regiments;
- Custom skins can be assigned to the player aircraft and his unit if the player is the unit commander.
- Clients no longer disconnect from a server when a new mission is being loaded;
- Server host now sees shooting turrets of other players correctly;
- Player’s ban time setting works correctly;
- Coop: mission timer setting added;
- Coop: quorum setting added (the minimal amount of players required to start the mission);
- Game servers list is sorted correctly;
- Game servers list includes mission file name;
- Game servers list blocks attempts to connect to a restarting server;
- Zero ping color corrected in the game servers list;
- You can vote to ban a player who does not occupy an airplane (spectator);
- Multiplayer mission loading screen has been corrected;
- Mission log now contains additional parameters used by custom statistics systems;
- Difficulty settings edit in SDS config managing dialog has been fixed in DServer tool;
- Added a system of external GUI dialogs that can be connected to a mission and interacted in it;
- Description and position of a task on the map updates correctly;
- Opening the map or changing its scale made smoother;
- The password for the game is stored more securely if you choose the ‘remember password’ option;
- Spotter areas on the mission map are shown correctly;
- MCU_Icon text displays on the mission map correctly even if there is no icon image selected;
- Some GUI screens open faster;
- Fixed the focus of the zoom in the cursor on the game map;
- Fixed speed zoom on the map “Flight log”;
- The game won’t hang at the end of a single mission when autoplay.cfg config file is in use;
- Music won’t play when the mission ends if it is disabled;
- Fixed a rare problem when the Accept button in joystick re-mapping dialog didn’t work;
- “0m” tooltips were removed in Quick Mission;
- A-20B exhaust flames corrected;
- P-39L-1 machine gun reload handles correctly disappear if you choose to remove the machine guns;
- A-20B bomber in the distance is visible correctly;
- Smoke generator positions on P-39L-1 and Yak-7B aircraft were corrected;
- ‘Ghost canopy’ has been removed from A-20B fragments;
- Spent cartridges are ejected from a correct location of P-39L-1;
- Radio compass on P-39L-1 and A-20B functions correctly;
- La-5 maximum G load has been corrected;
- La-5 motor properties at altitude have been slightly corrected;
- A fire on Ju-88 won’t remain in the air if its wing is detached;
- Bendix radio compass switches positions were fixed on A-20B;
- A-20B airplane engine start problem in Expert difficulty was fixed;
Forest LOD boundary has been made less apparent on some maps;
Spring, Summer and Autumn seasons roads have been improved visually;
Asynchronous terrain caching system has been improved, resulting in less noticeable terrain loading;
Login procedure has been optimized, halving the time required;
Selecting the aircraft modifications in the mission editor works correctly;
A dark bar in the center of the image in HTC Vive that some users could see has been removed (that was a performance optimization);
‘Warped edges’ issue in PiMax 4K has been eliminated (minimized);
TrackIr roll axis problem was fixed;
Formation movement of ships and ground vehicles in the User Formation mode has been improved (especially when turning);
“10 Days of Autumn” Campaign - map frontlines were fixed;
“10 Days of Autumn” Campaign - map route color was changed and the secondary objectives were hidden.
Does this apply to the executioner too?
Seriously, though… Is this historically correct? I mean, friendly fire has been happening in every war. I guess people were put in front of a firing squad in some instances, but not for making mistakes in the heat of the battle.
I hope I won’t get killed in the career for winging a friendly by mistake. Ok, if I empty my guns in him, it’s another matter.
The night was filled with dark and cold,
When Sergeant Talbert the story’s told,
Pulled out his poncho and headed out,
To check the lines dressed like a Kraut.
Upon a trooper our hero came,
Fast asleep; he called his name.
“Smith, oh Smith, get up, it’s time
To take your turn out on the line.”
Private Smith, so very weary,
Cracked an eye, all red and bleary,
Grabbed his rifle and did not tarry,
Hearing Floyd, but seeing Jerry.
“It’s me!” cried Tab. “Don’t do it!” and yet,
Smith charged toute de suite with bayonet.
He lunged, he thrust, both high and low,
And skeweth the boy from Kokomo.
And as they carried him away,
Our punctured hero was heard to say,
“When in this war you venture out,
best never do it dressed as a Kraut!”
ALSO A REMINDER TO WHOEVER READING, YOU ARE DUE TO RE-BINGE ON BAND OF BROTHERS.
Anybody else seeing a 60 GB update pending in the launcher?
Uh, nope. I had a 4 GB update last night, though.
They did indeed push out a hotfix today to the 3.002 version.
A hotfix has been applied:
- Your scripted campaign progress should be back if you haven’t played and finished a mission from a campaign since 3.002 release
- Multipayer chat text window fixed
- Point name doubling in multiplayer fixed
- Tank hatches work again
- A-20B and Pz.III sights corrected
- You shouldn’t encounter AI MC.202 in Moscow and Fw 190 A-3 in Stalingrad anymore.
We’ll address the multiplayer modification locks and player kill messages a bit later.
Firing at allies, or hitting allies? Or shooting them down?
If I’m on an enemy’s six and a stupid wingman gets between us and takes fire, does that get me killed?
I remember I think in 46 getting a “shot down wingman” message when he CRASHED INTO ME.
Precisely! There is a difference…