OnReTech DCS: Sinai

To build a propper post. New 3rd party called InReTech, building the Sinai map to DCS.

DCS: Sinai

Development Report

The total size of the DCS: Sinai map is 1500 x 1000 km, of which, 700x700 km will be in high-detail. The map includes the entire Sinai Peninsula, eastern Egypt and the Nile Delta, southern Israel including Gaza, western Jordan, and western Saudi Arabia. This area features a wide variety of landscapes like mountains, rivers, desert, agricultural areas, sea and bays that provide a variety of mission and campaign settings.

The map is being designed to represent the 2000s and up to the present. It is planned to recreate about 40 airfields, both military and civilian: Wadi al Jandali, Abu Suwayr, Faid Air Base, Nevatim Air Base, Ramon Airbase, and many more.

The map also contains many military bases and strategic seaports that allow for interesting strike missions. A large number of military facilities and bases will help realize various historical scenarios based on the Arab-Israeli wars, as well as fictional missions and campaigns.

Major cities include Cairo (including Cairo International Airport), Ismailia, Alexandria, Suez, Port Said, and others. About 100 unique objects and architectural monuments will be included. All objects and assets are divided into territories to present greater unique, regional characteristics. The coastline of the Suez Canal, the Gulf of Suez, and the Gulf of Aqaba will be created in detail.

The project will consist of three phases, and each phase will include airfields, unique objects, and unique scenes. The first phase will include the entire territory with major cities and 14 air bases in Israel and Egypt. The second phase will add 11 more airfields. The third phase and final phase will add 12-14 more Egyptian military airfields. The OnReTech team is making every effort to ensure that customers will receive the first two phases in early access, which will help to fully reflect the theater of operations of the Arab-Israeli conflicts.

9 Likes

:frowning:

I mean I have 4 SSDs in my PC, a pair of 1TBs and a pair of 2 TBs (no joke!) but I’m at 375GB and counting for DCS. I still have 650GB free, but at this rate it will be full by 2024…

1 Like

This ED video announces it as released, but I’ve not been able to either authenticate in DCS or reach the web page in the DCS store to confirm. Edit: downloading now. Still getting authorization errors when launching DCS via Skate Zilla’s updater.

the Servers are getting slammed…

2 Likes

454GB and counting…Might be time to watch for a 2TB NVME drive sale

This is without Sinai installed, which will be shortly.

Holy sith you were not kidding.

399GB for me, but thanks to my recent M2 purchases I have loads of room. Not decided about Sinai but didn’t buy Syria for a long time after release and don’t have S Atlantic or The Channel either.

It depends how many user missions and campaigns will use it - if it’s loads I’ll probably buy it, otherwise probably not.

2 Likes

Actually, I just went and had a look and thought the reduced price was very reasonable, so I bought it straight away! :grin:

£33.51

1 Like

It’s pretty good, especially for an early access release. Israel could use some love but Egypt and the Sinai itself are top notch

2 Likes

If there ever was a case for Raid 5

3 Likes

My DCS+Dedicated Server+Saved Games is taking up something like 700GB these days but I got the map anyway…can’t decide what to fly first or where.

1 Like

I’ve toyed with the idea of running another server on a spare PC once I can fly regularly again - I used to do that before they did the dedicated server, which I know nothing about. How much space does it use up? Or is that dependent on what’s installed on it?

My dedicated server main install with all the terrains is 236GB. Sinai is a manual download for now, so you have to run that through command prompt.

The catch with the dedicated server is that it comes with very limited–sometimes none–liveries for aircraft, so clients will frequently see something like that VFA-37 Hornet with a gajillion modexes plastered all over it. Putting all your Saved Games liveries in the dedicated server Saved Games will double disk usage, so I created a link/junction/whateverthingy to my livery folder on a different drive, accessed by both my main DCS and dedicated server simultaneously.

3 Likes

OK thanx :wink:

I just went and changed the time in one of the quick flights on Sinai to dawn. I want that city lighting in all of my maps. So good!

6 Likes

I Concur The instant action,Free Flight with The Hind is Mesmerizing

1 Like

This is Pretty Cool…Well Done and Informative

1 Like

Took the Huey for a spin from Cairo international to visit the Pyramids. Of course could not stop myself from trying this :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I see your huey and will raise you a Gazelle

:salute:

7 Likes

@TeTeT and @tempusmurphy,
You know you’re cursed by the DCSW Pharaoh now, right?

4 Likes