Insurgency Fri. & DoI Sat. Nights | Mudspike Ground Ops

It was too bad that the mod version of DOI seemed to be broken when we tried it.

Something I didn’t think of at the time, was whether there were any other addons also running on the server at the same time, which could have been causing the issue. The custom armory addon comes to mind, for example.

When we run Insurgency or Day of Infamy for Insurgency, I have two server configs like server_ins.cfg and server_doi.cfg and then just before the server gets run, the current server.cfg is deleted and one of those is copied to it.

Anyway, I just tested DoI and I was seeing that both “The Armory 2.0” AND “The Armory Expanded” were getting installed just because they’re both in the subscribed_file_ids.txt file! Couple issues here :open_mouth:

First, I shouldn’t have that old Armory 2.0 mod in the subscribed_file_ids.txt file. This could’ve also potentially affected Insurgency.

Second, I find it funny that these mods get installed even if the theater isn’t specified in the server.cfg file! We ran into this problem a couple weeks back with you adlabs, where it was kicking off the download for the other “35 angry bots” version of The Armory when I accidentally had it in the subscribed_file_ids.txt file yet it wasn’t set in the server.cfg file.

So thanks for the heads up adlabs … from now on I’ll have two CLEAN versions of the subscribed_file_ids.txt file like I do with the server.cfg file.

I’ll also have to do this with standalone DoI and it’s Vietnam mod.

Cheers!

… Do we have a mod list of what we currently need to have subbed for insurgency?

Kinda. Everything but the “The Armory Expanded” mod here …

You can grab “The Armory Expanded” here … Steam Workshop::"The Armory: Expanded" - 8 & 12 Player Checkpoint & Conquer Custom Theater

Hey saghen … could you update your OP with this info?

Which post is that? Don’t you mean adlabs? Adlab’s thread is the one stickied, which has all the maps, etc. linked.

I’m going to miss Friday and probably Saturday too this week, but I’ll be back on track for a good while after. Don’t worry, Professor Rhino won’t abandon you.

This wasn’t covered in the syllabus…

1 Like

There’s a new map out (a week or so old) on the Insurgency Workshop. Anybody interested in a late addition to the lineup?

The map is called Showdown.

Don’t know if im gonna make it at all this weekend, it filled up fast, maybe next week.

Sure! We’ll check it out later tonight …

Showdown Day: Steam Workshop::Showdown (Cod 4 Remake)

Showdown Night: Steam Workshop::Showdown Night (Cod 4 Remake)

Sorry saghen, Showdown didn’t make the Mudspike cut. :slight_smile:

Thanks to everyone for comin’ out!

Some pretty incredible low death rate (zero) runs including adlabs and bonchie! :+1:

Hopefully we’ll have a Friday (Ins) and (Saturday (DoI) session despite the holiday weekend.

There’s a new addon map out for DoI for our consideration. Operation Market Garden - Hells Highway.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=902992157

Hope to see a better turnout than last weekend. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll be around tonight but not tomorrow.

I’m a solid maybe on both nights, but now I’m interested in that new DoI map.

Ya, that Operation Market Garden DoI map looks really well done! I just added it to the server and gave it a test run. :+1: Nice to see the 2nd (only) custom map added to the DoI server! (we’re currently running 22 custom maps for Insurgency)

BTW, sorry about the low turnout to last weekends DoI session. I think I diverted some attention away from it when Tankerwade forced me to host an impromptu Squad session. :innocent: (it was the Squad free weekend). I hope the guys that attended had a good time. I know I did … we were on for about 4 hours!

Ya I’d love to be there for doi and the new map but it’s boardgame night.

I’ll be there tonight, I back up North again and ready to play ! BTW I discovered this forum as you can see … :slight_smile:

1 Like

If anyone wants, I will be available early. Can join a pub server while we wait for Linebacker’s. Say about 10-15 mins.

I THOUGHT I was ready to go tonight since my Windows 10 system was updating throughout the day!

Then when I tried to do some Insurgency this stupid Win10 thing starts to do some LOW level updating!!! WTF!

I’m pissed.

Sorry to hear that, Linebacker. That’s a big failing of Windows 10 (other than the security vulnerabilities)

Regarding DoI.
There are some more maps available with co-op or limited co-op.

Brest (stronghold): Steam Workshop::Brest
Dianville (stronghold, entrenchment): Steam Workshop::Dianville