It's here.....! (and other VR thoughts)

…he read, and slowly turned to look at his creditcard, with a grin very reminiscent of a starving wolf, locking its gaze onto its prey… :smirk_cat:

2 Likes

Whimper Tell him I love him!
Erhhm… I mean. Send him my regards…

Does he have any story to tell? YES HE HAS!
GIB STORY!!!

2 Likes

Some Valve love for async reprojection on SteamVR. Works well with DCS on the Vive @near_blind :vr:

Just opt-in to the beta in Steam library / SteamVR / Properties / Beta tab.

1 Like

lol. I saw that but didn’t think to post it because I’m pretty sure I’m the only Vive owner here :laughing:.

1 Like

We have the typical 15 lurkers for every active member forum ratio, so it’s always useful for someone. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Microsoft VR October 2016

Beach,
I went supersonic at treetop level down the main road in Vegas as the sun was setting. This was the M2C landing mission. It was quite the rush and something you would never do in real life unless you wanted to spend some time in jail. The cars, the lights, the buildings… it was fantastic.

1 Like
1 Like

Great news! That will save me from investing even more into the Orbx world, because while in XP you can basically get by with some free mesh, some free object libraries, and free airports, the default scenery in P3D is grim. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love Orbx, but it is really costly to buy their 3 layers, then add the airports. Looks gorgeous though.

DCS World → Settings → Controls → UI Layer (select aircraft drop down)

Agreed. DCS delivers the best sense of speed during low level flight of an flight sim that I have flown.

Not when you own one of these.

4 Likes

That there is professional grade. I like it!

1 Like

I wonder why Oculus didn’t put a small, low res front facing camera on their headgear with the ability to toggle an inset or something of variable transparency. It would save on the wear and tear of taking off or peeking under my headset when I’m trying to figure out if my VR sim or game has launched or not. And reaching for my personal beer keg (hey…it’s on my Christmas list!)…

Well, now that HTC has done that, Oculus will have to have it in Gen 2

I was booked in for an Oculus demo today, but turned up to find the sample set broken.

At this rate, we’ll be onto the next generation before I get my hands on one :frowning:

1 Like

Oculus Rift Store Halloween sale is on now…

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/section/325731191127420/

This looks interesting…

https://youtu.be/zcBatKr1cI8

I might pick this one up…

Damn that looks terrible. I doubt i’d be worth the harddrive space.

LOL…well, I think the appeal is giving people a somewhat authentic feeling driving experience in VR…from that standpoint it looks like it might be OK. Not DCS level graphics…but probably enough to get the job done…

Hmm, just looks like a cheap cash in, reminds me a lot of the German Simulator Scourge :wink:

Why not try VR in OMSI er ETS2?

I mean…when else am I gonna get to drive a Lambo!