Heatblur: AJS-37 Viggen

Well, us technician, much like pilots are not expected to be able to read and write full sentences, much less conjoined writing.There’s a reason we use so many colours in aviation, or more importantly drawings with big arrows on them that tell you exactly what to do. Follow the big one, to the small one, to the fancy bolt. Then there’s a number or so on that side and honestly half of us don’t know what it means and the other half pretend they do ;).

3 Likes

Hm. I see. I think you have a point. The purchase process is not complicated, it’s just not according to SOP. We should write up a work order and a ordering procedure.

1 Like

Let’s get the signature sheet routed and I want to review the attendee list for the peer review before you schedule it. Don’t forget to give contracts two hardcopies.

3 Likes

Yes sir! No sir!

Cant wait for it ! finally a jet with mavericks … im happy :smiley:

Note: All images and impressions given below are based on a limited review of a promotion build level product and does not reflect the state of the final product. Any errors or omissions are the author’s.

Yeah, it is pretty sweet.

The mavericks are pretty hard to line up, though. You have to use this little collimated sight to the right of the HUD. It will takes a little getting used to, if you’re used to an MFCD!

The rockets are pretty fun, too. It’s really a blast to let the whole volley go! Of course, it’s the aftermath that keeps bringing me back.

Rb-05s Rb-04s are neat. Like little suicide drones. Not all that smart, but they pack a wollop.

Although, to be honest, I always fall in love with the cockpits of these aircraft.

10 Likes

It is going to be a long couple of weeks…

1 Like

Those are Rb-04. The 05:s are the remote controlled ones.
LOVE the pics, BTW :wink:

2 Likes

6 Likes

@fearlessfrog iktf…

@EinsteinEP could you show us the RB-05A’s? :smiley: I’m very curious to see how DCS’s first real MCLOS man-in-the-loop weapon functions.

2 Likes

OMFG how frakking cool is all of that! :open_mouth:
Like, seriously- that’s awesomesauce with amazing sprinkled on top!

2 Likes

Are you… Flying it already?!

WHAT CRUEL WORLD IS THIS?!

1 Like

Very, very nice. Preordered the Viggen the moment it became available.

A supersonic strike aircraft? Count me in!

2 Likes

It so happens if you run a super awesome FS community and are a great writer, you get stuff! :smiley:

Looking good Einstein!

7 Likes

Was hoping to an extent that the F-5E would have mavericks for better anti-tank capability, but this…this…

…It brings tear to eye :sob:

Those Mav-sights were very surprising! I was told theres an infrared filter or something? Or is it just normal sight through the Mav’s camera? (Thank god we get the magnified Maverick-Bs)

1 Like

Oh so that’s all, BRB! :wink:

1 Like

i think the maverick scope looks to clear in the image, i think they will add somekinda filter to make it look more real :wink: @EinsteinEP

2 Likes

Cool. I heard or read about this EP-13 sight having some kind of infrared sight, but it may just be me. I just want the new bird so damn badly! :grinning:

1 Like

I should have prefaced that all the photos in the post above are from a WIP promo build of the Viggen. Nothing you see here should be considered as fully representative of the final product, which Leatherneck has announced that they will release later this month.

4 Likes

i was pretty sure bout it anyway as its gonna head into early access and not the as the final product… :blush: