Heatblur F-14 and Forrestal Update

I bet the DoD didn’t like paying extra for upgrades either… :wink:

This means it would even enhance immersion and improve simulation experience…

3 Likes

For immersion enhancement they need to implement this feature:

And yes, that’s your RIO returning his lunch.

3 Likes

LAWL!
Dunno… In Multicrew + VR it’s going to be pretty much granted.

Oh god, they’re multiplying…

guess we need to nuke DCS from orbit, it’s the only way to be sure.

But seriously. A paid avionics upgrade =/= exclusive mission content. With the exception of the pod, The F-14B Upgrade with the PTID, LANTIRN, and Sparrowhawk HUD is externally identical to the F-14B we’re getting. No benefit is delivered to players that haven’t purchased it because they can’t use it without being in the cockpit. I can’t see how that would lock players that don’t own it out of a mission.

That’s certainly true.

5 Likes

Here we see the F-14 playing with its food.

1 Like

3 Likes

[…]
In parallel with the AJS 37; the Tomcat team has continued working hard on almost every part of the simulation. We fully expect to launch DCS: F-14 later this year and are excited to see the aircraft come together.

We’ve finally begun digging deep into the weapon systems; and have begun bringing the radar and associated weapon systems online.
With the help of our SMEs; we’ve been able to create a detailed and accurate roadmap for the AWG-9 / TID / DDD systems, which constitute the heart of the Tomcats’ weapons package and functionality.

http://media.heatblur.se/RadarGif2.gif

We’ve also begun work on both the ALR-45 and ALR-67 RWR systems and associated subsystems, Datalink, Navigation and Radio systems.
We’re making great strides in bringing all of the cockpit systems to completion and tying it together in the sim.

Some rare documentation that we’ve been lucky enough in acquiring has been integral in aiding us in the creation of these systems.
We are very confident in our accuracy of some of the more sensitive systems, such as RWR and Radar.

Now that the deeper systems are in place; it’s easier to see progress in the more visually oriented and user oriented components. Like, e.g., the TCS:

http://i.imgur.com/DIJSvFL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oq0y8IF.jpg

The Flight model is also nearing full completion, with current focus on the creation and final tuning of the -110 -B (A+) engines. While all of our aerodynamics, control surfaces and other FM components are largely in place, accurate propulsion has been the final missing piece of the puzzle.

We’re very proud of the F-14 FM, and the aircraft exhibits all of the characteristics that you’re all familiar with from F-14 literature. There are still many tweaks to be made, however, and we reckon these will continue until the day we release. Our internal testing team will soon have their hands full in verifying and testing every aspect of the FM. We expect to iron out many of the remaining issues in this phase.

[…]

The Art team is mostly focused on the completion and creation of the F-14 Exterior and Interior textures.
After utilizing laser and photogrammetry scanning to verify the shapes and accuracy of our model; we have begun sculpting the exterior skin.

Sculpting the exterior affords us a great level of macro and micro detail, and this step is critical before we continue with weathering and diffuse texturing.

Next month, parts of our art team are traveling to North Carolina, Florida and California to visit several different F-14 airframes and cockpits.
This will be our final research trip; and we hope to capture every last detail that we need for the perfect completion of our F-14 artwork.

We’re really excited to really raise the bar from what we did on the MiG-21 and AJS 37! Stay tuned for a trip report and some cool photos!

[…]

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3097519&postcount=1

11 Likes

That is looking ripe!

2 Likes

So… we’ll be in Hickory Aviation Museum, NC on April 5th and possibly 6th before heading down to Florida. :slight_smile: We’ll have access to the F-14 cockpit at Hickory on the 5th. It’s a little short notice, but our trip got moved around a bunch. :smiley:

9 Likes

Did I ever mention you guys are my heroes?

1 Like

Ah man, who am I kiddin, I’ll get this thing on release. That is some sexy work right there!

Fanboy!

Come on already, get this thing out the door so you can start work on the F111 :f111:

1 Like

If I posted a Chessy picture of Tom Cruise right now…would I be severely Beaten??:grin:

I’m okay with flying a circa-70s airframe in a simulator as long as I’m facing circa-70s adversaries.

I need to order some spandex and not skip leg day.

4 Likes