Heatblur F-14 and Forrestal Update

Maybe switch throws. Not sure what else. Too nice a mic for dictation.

1 Like

I doubt they got the opportunity to start the enginesā€¦! :wink:
But they were very interested in getting the sounds of the cockpit right for the Viggen, as it adds to the immersion and gives vital feedback, in many cases.
I guess thatā€™s what they were recordingā€¦

Yep, switch throws, button presses, throttle clicks and sounds, pedal movement sounds, gear/hook/hyd handles, all that sort of good stuff. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Large membrane condenser mics are one of the types typically used for voice recording, and some of those cost you an arm and a leg.

Hope you guys didnā€™t record too much handling noise, large membrane condensers are usually used with a special decoupling assembly and a stand because they are very sensitive to picking up vibration that is transmitted to the mic body.

1 Like

It feels like forever that Iā€™ve been waiting for this bird.
The one TK did for SF2: North Atlantic was pretty good given the limited scope of SF2, but it didnā€™t really offer carrier ops like the old F-14:FD days.

I can wait a bit longer.

7 Likes

Heey! @JediMaster! Welcome! :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks, Iā€™ve been popping in for quite awhile now, just never got around to signing up. Chronic laziness. :wink:

Iā€™ve finally decided to move on from the old place and settle in over here now. :f14:

8 Likes

Then start using this :f111: instead of that other thingā€¦ :wink:

This, :a6:ā€¦ He meant this :a6:

1 Like

Thatā€™s not Michelle Jennekeā€¦

2 Likes

It seems only fair @Navynuke99 - everyone, say hello to the new :jenneke emoticonā€¦

:jenneke:

8 Likes

I love you guys.

Iā€™m guessing youā€™re gonna expect me to hook up the solar array at KMUD free of charge now, huh?

2 Likes

Now- have you met Kate Upton?

1 Like

1 Like

We have an allocation of one obsession each, but the :a6: is just as curvy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Butā€¦ butā€¦

Youā€™re actually rightā€¦

But the F-14 icon should be this!

https://imgur.com/gallery/rRszwSn

In think you may be confusing it with F-104

No no, that should be a smouldering wreck! :wink:

Welcome to the site, @JediMaster. I think youā€™ll find the direction of this site far more in line with the hobby. Itā€™s a good place to be.

2 Likes