Heatblur F-14 and Forrestal Update

Since RAZBAM already has their hands on the A-6 and A-7 (although stuck at the back of their ever growing pipeline), that is a very strong indicator for the Phantom. Though I wouldn’t mind if Heatblur would snag the Intruder or Corsair from RAZBAM, both will be very important to go along the Tomcat.

3 Likes

I’d personally rather the A-6 come along before anything else. It fits historically with the F-14s were getting, the A-7, and the F/A-18 (more or less), and any hypothetical Phantom. The KA-6 and A-6s with buddy stores are more than welcome over the S-3B, and the EA-6B ICAP is something that will also be massively welcome.

I want the A-7 too, but the Intruder gives us more bang for our buck.

1 Like

is there something wrong with a few of those triangles?

6 Likes

Clearly not an F-111

Oh, but everything is subject to change… :wink:

Would love a F-4 and an Intruder with a 'Nam map, for DCS…

I believe they’ve made a A-7 for FSX/P3D…I’m sure it is not as detailed system wise as DCS Aircraft but still could make the build easier

I’m quite fond of the A-6E TRAM myself, but you could do worse than an A or baseline E.

1 Like

Yayza!

1 Like

Tomcat notwithstanding of course. F-14 > Literally every other thing

Maybe a Whale, Skyhawk, or Crusader?

2 Likes

Meh. I’d prefer something single seated over an A-6. Maybe an A-7.
But I think ED’s decision for the Hornet is pretty much ideal. I’ve been waiting for that for a long time.

1 Like

I will be the Tiger Cole to your Cool Hand Grafton any day. Just for the record.

1 Like

Aaand that’s why I sooo look forward to the damn Intruder! :smiley:

3 Likes

Personally, A-7E and A-6E TRAM to round out the late 70s/80s/early 90s aesthetic for the Tomcat, Hornet, and Harrier. Then update the existing naval aircraft/helicopter models that still need it, Then start turning out AI models for the support aircraft that aren’t in game yet (C-2A, KA-6, EA-6, UH-46, EKA-3, etc.) and the ships that aren’t in game yet (CV-63 CVN-65, FF-1052, DDG-51, DD-963, DDG-993, DDG-2, DDG-37, CG-16, CG-26, CGN-36, CGN-38, The Pre VLS CG-47s, BB-61, the whole bloody [soviet] fleet). With those you are completely set for the 80s through the 2000s, and large portions of the previous eras. From, there, just start working it back for player modules. A-4E and M, F-4B/J/S. A-6E and A, A-7A/B, F-8.

Not that I’ve thought about this or anything.

5 Likes

I’ve been saying since I started playing, could we please get a updated CH-53 and SH-60!?

3 Likes

“Freely” is a loaded word. It could mean any naval ops-capable module will be allowed to include it, or it could mean it will be in DCS World for all and we’ll be able to practice touch-n-go’s with planes like the F-5 without needing to explicitly buy one.

However, honestly, who’s going to be interested in that carrier but NOT the Hornet?

If you’re in it for WWII, you’re not going to want the Hornet or the Forrestal, but pretty much any Western naval jet is appropriate.

who’s not in it for the F-111?.. Just Sayin’./…

2 Likes

I’ve heard @Bogusheadbox is actually quite apathetic towards towards the Vaark. He’s more of a Alpha Jet man, so I understand

:jenneke:

Oh, I could think of a few folks:

13 Likes