Heatblur F-14 and Forrestal Update

A beautiful exterior…and then you go on a server that locks you to cockpits only so you can’t see the outside unless you taxi into another plane… :wink:

1 Like

Is there texturing so realistic that its rusts digitally. I remember what the mig-21 did to my frames at release, I think I may be billing heatblur for a graphics card when mine melts because of the f-14.

2 Likes

ssssh They’ll be gentle this time around, they swear.

5 Likes

Also, let get real here the texturing of that Phillips screw is wayyyy off. It was gonna be a day one buy for me but now im having doubts.

3 Likes

Dunno, the chipped paint will have a proper bump mapping/specular effects or we’re back in '90 3D modeling? Sheeesh

2 Likes

Is this amateur hour!

1 Like

I know, right?

I guess everyone is blind because it’s pretty obvious there shouldn’t be little white lines all over the place.

Textured by slave labor in Myanmar!

2 Likes

Duhhhh…It’s obviously caught in a fisherman’s net off The Aleutian Islands :grinning:

An Interesting wrinkle.

Hi Everyone,

We strongly appreciate the need to try and accurately represent Iranian Tomcats and will be implementing various visual (e.g. older oxygen masks & helmets, liveries, chinpod) changes.

We will also likely be making available an assortment of weapons that we believe could feasibly be interfaced with the Tomcat, which have been shown to have been utilized and fired by Iranian Tomcats. However, seeing something on a photo is vastly different from a weapon system being operational and useful.

Since we can’t be 100% sure of anything in this particular issue, we will likely place this additional weapon capability behind a server authoritive, special checkbox, which will default to off. This way, each player and server can individually decide whether the expanded weaponry will be available to Iranian F-14As, and simulate a different F-14 OPFOR experience.

We will of course do everything we can to make sure that our implementation of these weapons is reasonable in accuracy and authenticity, despite the lack of documentation.
Obviously this will involve significant guesswork. These may also not be available immediately at release.

Feel free to offer your thoughts and suggestions, we’re all ears on this matter.

HB

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3169080#post3169080

8 Likes

That is very nice. I for one will be completely satisfied if we just get AIM-7E-4 and AIM-54A for the IIAF\IRIAF Tomcats (AIM-9P we already have). These aircraft had a very rich and successful service history, so it will be great to have them accurately represented.

1 Like

They seem to be referencing the whacky captive carry missiles shown in the last forty years: The MIM-23 (and claimed derivative), R-27 and R-73. I’m curious because whether or not these can actually guide is still a matter of debate.

Also if we’re just throwing hypotheticals on there, where’s muh AIM-120?

I Offered my Expertise on the Subject to the Thread… I’ma get a rash of hate for it, but the F-14AMs are no more real than their F-313 Prototype,

Everything is Media Hype or Photo Ops.

the USN Can mount and Fly w/ R-73E on the Pylons too,

But there is Zero Proof of Successful Deployment of those missiles, there’s Zero Proof of “the new FCS and Avionics”.

What the Media and World has is a bunch of Rumors and Speculation leaked by Iran about a new Digital AWG-9 w/ 600KM Range, a New AIM-54A+ w/ Twice the Range, etc.,

You have a Single Airframe Posing as an F-14AM in all of the Press Shots and Articles.

IIAF F-14As are the Same as the USN F-14As w/ 414 Power Plants, minus some classified systems. which will have zero effect on DCSW AI or Human Players for that matter.

3 Likes

I just want to strap a bunch of Scuds underneath and use them to get to MACH 5!!!11111111111

1 Like

Iran was Firing Surface to Surface Missiles from their Tomcats…

:rolling_eyes:

Enough with the USB ports already! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

…wtf did I just watch?