Heatblur F-14 and Forrestal Update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPgMyh7ei6w&feature=youtu.be&t=15s

It means we can do that ^, and that VKB will be able to effectively print money.

Yep, I know that’s more likely, just would like a modular throttle one day as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If VKB are going to do a Warthog compatible version (just like with their current MCG), I should be able to use this grip on my T-50 as well.

The F-14 grip probably offers limited use for most modern aircraft, but swapping the grip to fly the F-14 certainly yields high on the cool-scale!

1 Like

I really like my old G940, but the stupid grip is getting unbearable.

To wit–it’s covered with some kind of rubberized plastic, and after 7 years it has become STICKY. I leave fingerprints in it. My skin doesn’t want to come off it. It’s nasty.

And now, after 5 years, my G27 wheel’s faux leather/rubber/plastic covering is starting to deteriorate in my hands as well. Little particles like grit in my hands after a race.

Hard plastic or metal only, please! :frowning:

2 Likes

10 Likes

That plane is going to be so boring to fly. Major yawns all around.

2 Likes

Mentally relegates @Tankerwade to RIO seat for eternity

4 Likes

Hey is this mike working? Can you hear me up front there? Where are we going anyway? Hello?

7 Likes

You forgot the “are we there yet” part.

5 Likes

Try a low salt diet, your just too corrosive :grin:

On the ejection seat thing. Those are usually independent systems not connected to the aircraft. Given that when you decide to use it major systems of the aircraft may already be compromised. There will usually be some sort of explosive line running to the canopy depending on the separation system used but that’s about it. There’s a good reason the system has to be locally secured for maintenance operations before anything else.

Grab a coffee before you start reading :slight_smile:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3296154#post3296154

8 Likes

Very interesting read. Looking at all those DDD and TID displays I have flashbacks from F-14 Fleet Defender. Also those cockpit shots looks just incredible. The Jester AI is also interestic topic. His/it’s implementation will be hard task I imagine. Also I’m curious if “C’mon do some of that pilot $hit” phrase will be included in his “complete phrases” database. :wink:

That was worth waiting until after the coffee.

Needless to say

1 Like

I think Heatblur easily makes the best looking modules. Their level of detail is simply amazing. Systems depth also looks incredible. But best of all is their commitment to gameplay with the JESTER AI. 2’000+ recorded voice samples!

The Tomcat seems to shape up just great. This plus Forrestal plus future Tomcat theater and I think we are seeing the DCS flagship module in the making.

1 Like

Definitely looks like a close call between F-14 and F-18.

Meteor - Fear the Bones (Heatblur F-14 OST)

4 Likes

There’s a track on there titled “Fightertown.” NAS Miramar confirmed?

1 Like

Right after DCS: Lemoore drops for the -18 :smile:

1 Like