Looking at CFS3....

I still have two :slight_smile: although only the burner is connected. The read-only drive is sitting in the bay, though, should I need to copy disc-to-disc.

So I dropped an opptical drive in and installed CFS3 but it won’t run at all. Any ideas? I have tried the compatibility for Xp service pack 3 without success

CFS3 is DX7 if I recall, or was it 8? It was the last version that didn’t support transparent water. I recall BF 1942 was one of the first which did.
Which OS are you running? I also recall there was an issue with some old games running on 64-bit OS. Not because of the game, which was itself 32-bit, but because a launcher or installer or something was coded in 16-bit which won’t run on a 64-bit OS.

I don’t know anyone who is still running CFS3 to even ask…

1 Like

Which OS? I had ETO (mostly) running on my Win7 box a while back, though honestly it was an ugly, unstable mess.

1 Like

Well, I’m ready too…

1 Like

Ahh I am windows 10 64 bit. I imagine it won’t look very good as it looked awful on release but from a nostalgia viewpoint it would have been fun to run it again. The hanger at the start was a huge leap forward and whilst I never got to try the MP options with multi crew I bet that was fun gameplay too. I built my wife a machine with Windows 7 and a core2duo chip. Might try on that :slight_smile:

If all goes well, today I’ll try CFS3 on my win7 64bit rig and see what happens.

2 Likes

Got it running with the Firepower addon that I still had floating around on an external hard drive (it was a miracle that I found it). Still looks about the same, but it is exactly what I was wanting, a WW2 flight game that isn’t too hard, but isn’t an arcade chase-plane-view shooter. Used the .iso mount in Windows 10, worked like a charm. Thanks, guys.

1 Like

Sim pics please…is it still worthwhile?

1 Like