MAD Daily WX Brief

Well that should be fun. I am supposed to fly a group back to JAC from the little strip in Idaho. I could make it really challenging and do it on VATSIM!

1 Like

I’m still stuck in Idaho. Checking out a bar near KTWF. Had to rent-a-wreck to get around. Found a hole-in-the-wall bar. Was crazy…

Just when I thought I’d get outta there with my skin
These 5 big dudes come strollin in
With one old drunk chick and some fella with green teeth

1 Like

Some turbulence descending into KPUW area from the west.

1 Like

:open_mouth: That turb gave me my first positive landing and 2% damage. Little gust caught me near landing and instead of a good landing, it bumped me into the ground at 340 fpm :open_mouth:

1 Like

Breezy…but pretty good weather forecast throughout the state…

Mmm…you can tell the regional weather is good just based on the concise format. Short blocks that all match…generally always a sign that the weather is good. Weather visualization as it were…

Still mostly dry air moving in with that front…some moisture in it, but it doesn’t look too bad unless it hits the mountains and rockets upwards, expanding, cooling, and letting out more of the rain/fog. (Cold air holds less moisture - rising air generally cools - so that moisture has to go somewhere - there you go Meteorology 101 Day 1…haha…)

3 Likes

Good view of this on the IR happening right now in the mid portion of the state…

2 Likes

Sorry for the pause in the WX updates gents…! Been out of pocket a bit.

Good news is…really good weather continues over the broad area. I’m still amazed we haven’t seen any of that dreadful low ceiling PNW weather we’ve all heard about (and seen in real life)…