Metrea ...The future of Simulation?

Oh @ST0RM… When will you learn? :wink:
But the good news is that it’s almost 2023!

3 Likes

Tricker Posted a Video with His Thoughts after actually using The NOR Simulation Software at I/ITSEC in Orlando this Week

1 Like

Also Lockheed Martin announced they are leaving ESP for UE 5.1 as well,

Maybe related to NOR, as some content they shared seemed to look a lot like NOR Content.

As Stated, NOR is the Entire Platform (Software, Hardware, Control Interfaces etc).

1 Like

His ‘thoughts’ would have carried a lot more weight with me if I knew the hardware specs of the system that had him “blown away”… just sayin.

1 Like

All I heard, from the video, was 4090 GPU. I’m sure the rest was as good as you can get today: top of the line CPU, 64G memory (at least), all of it fast, etc. Figure they’re showing it off so why not. Better part of $10K for the entire kit I’m sure including the Varjeo VR (perhaps the ‘pro’ version) - no idea what that costs.

2 Likes

Cheers. Missed that. But what I suspected.

1 Like

Its easy to be excited with this videos of these kind of sims and start endless discussions and dreams about these sims vs what we have now in our pcs (bms, dcs, …).
What people forget or not know is that the military professional market are flooded with these kind of sims many of them completely kickass dcs/bms in specific features.
These kind of sims many times is like watching a NASA mars mission and dreamming that in the next saturn mission you will be the guy that will land there. Plausible, yes, but availability is almost zero.

These sims many times have the visual engine desagregated from the simulation software, also requiring a server cluster to afford only the visual engine to run as the military specifications. Usually these are zero stutters and real position landmarks, better than if have grass or not or other eye candies. If you see that video sometimes you see the land in detail and its worst than even the IL2 1946 (without any objects/trees and sometimes low res textures).
also some sims have other problems, they not support or have rendering of cockpit because all the gauges and cockpit displays and controls are using a real cockpit hardware.
They are cool and nice to see yes, but my excitement goes out very fast, the same way when i go to a car show exposition and see some ultra hi tech prototypes.
And no, its not the end of DCS as the same as many other military sims not killed our sims and they already exist for years.
Do a deep search on military and army simulators and military visual/virtual engines and its like opening the pandora box of what exist in this market, thi NOR is another one…on a beach of 100s of them.

5 Likes

Did somebody mentioned BMS and VR? What’s going on?! Christmas is coming, be ready. :wink:

1 Like

Don’t tease me

New Metrea vid out.
Their videos sure have a lot of flightsimmer appeal, for a simulation platform rumored to be for a professional market only.

8 Likes

Came up on my feed as well…you beat me to it! :wink:

1 Like

Just in time to train the first Ukrainians!

4 Likes

nothin’ “Negative” to say about that video…

However I do have “Neutral” thoughts about the afterburner… as well as the lack of wing bobble when they release 4 bombs and pulled out at 6g’s

1 Like

is it the latest Unreal Engine? it definitely looks cool, but thats it.

what flight simers wants is dynamic campaign and I guess they wont develop that in no time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Flightsimmers want a lot of things…! :smile:

When I watched that video I couldn’t help thinking Who is the target audience? If I were a potential professional customer, I guess I’d like to see more of the systems fidelity…?
I mean, most vids showcasing the DCS Viper usually is more in-depth than this.
Not knocking Metrea in any way, I just thought it was a bit odd.

2 Likes

I am definitely not excited about it that much. what is imo cool about profi sims is not the visuals of course (which they can change a little now with Unreal Engine).

the cool things about profi sims is the force-feedback, the motion platforms or g-seats, etc. things which are way too expensive for us flight simers.

here few interesting ‘smaller’ things

NOVASIM VR | MR - BRUNNER (brunner-innovation.swiss)

MODULAR SIMULATION PLATFORM - BRUNNER (brunner-innovation.swiss)

Dynamic Motion Seats (DMS) | ACME Worldwide (acme-worldwide.com)

on the other hand even our none-motion home cockpits can be considered profi-grade Flight Training Devices.

add to that some ffb stick and jetseat vibration pad or buttkicker and we are right there with the pros.

Like a Firefox! Don’t need to worry about ailing limbs - just think it = do it! :wink:

3 Likes

Brilliant! :laughing:

1 Like

If I remember from what others have told me it’s “commercial players” in the military training simulation market. We as personal PC gamers get nothing out of it other than being teased.