MSFS - Add-ons and Releases thread

Fiiiine what do I know? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Noā€¦you are right. I just looked at my X-Plane version and it covers just the airport and immediate areaā€¦

1 Like

A slightly different take on the London pack. :thinking:

I only skimmed through that video. The only thing Iā€™m wondering isā€¦how many custom objects does the Orbx London add compared to what Asobo have hand tailored? Yes, the ones he compared are awfulā€¦but if the goal is to fill out, in a fairly realistic way thousands hundreds (?) of London objects, then it wouldnā€™t quite be fair to compare a dozen higher quality ones to hundreds or thousands. Iā€™m not saying that is what happenedā€¦but Iā€™m trying to figure out why someone would need the Orbx package at allā€¦

ā€œORBX is taking the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€ Haha, Iā€™d be mad also if I paid $12 to make my game look worse.

Looks like they rushed this one out the door a little too quick. I donā€™t understand why they donā€™t just remove the ones that are in by default, unless they are just placeholders so they can update them later. But that video made me lol.

I believe they added 400 objects or so.

I think it was about $8. Hopefully they will upgrade the texturing, but for the money Iā€™m happy enough with it. I might get a bit more critical if they havenā€™t done something before helicopters are added to the sim though.

1 Like

Sound like they will do a high resolution free update, for those with the machines to run it.

Itā€™s interesting how theyā€™ve positioned to more ā€˜Landmark Packsā€™ rather than big areas. Placed like Washington DC etc have been left pretty bare, so canā€™t help wondering how much this is MSFS making sure the Orbxā€™s of this world can still thrive, albeit with a shift in what they do.

2 Likes

Nice to see them trying to make it right. The airports they added look nice, but some of those london landmarks were straight out of 2003.

2 Likes

Some freeware airfields from Drzewiecki Design linked from MSFS forums:

Looks like a cash grab. They probably updated some older assets and dropped them in MSFS2020 to be the first with something in the shop. They literally replaced default assets with worse looking assets. Thereā€™s no excuse for that.

2 Likes

So I see on the MSFS Discord there are some livery packs being released by the community. Iā€™m a bit leery about installing stuff at this stage - it would be nice if we got some sort of livery manager or a standardized way of doing things. Iā€™d rather not be unzipping and finding sub-directories at this point.

1 Like

Thanks. That answers a lot of questions about the tech behind the terrain and object modeling.

The Carenado C182 looks like quite the disappointing messā€¦ Wish it would be interesting.

Iā€™m guessing the thing was rushed out to be first, but the last few x-plane releases have been crap it seems. Wonder if that is going to be a problem that keeps happening for them nowā€¦

Moscow Landmarks released on simmarket.com

and in future we will have this for MSFS20:

That will be a perfect aircraft for MSFS20, its slow and with some bush flights capacity and STOL. Iā€™m strongly looking forward to this release! Sadly idk when but it looks in a close futureā€¦

3 Likes

Looks like ORBX (I know it should be all capsā€¦but I like it that way!) has released Santa Barbara (KSBA) and Kos International (LGKO). Iā€™ll probably pick up Santa Barbaraā€¦I mean, I pretty much will buy everything from Alaska to California along the coast. It IS my version of buying shoes.

LGKO does look like a fun place from the visual aspect and shooting some old school approaches:

https://vau.aero/navdb/chart/LGKO.pdf

2 Likes

So - it DOES appear that Slopey is working on Air Hauler for MSFS:

ā€œIā€™m working on a version of AH2 for FS2020 - but have nothing to announce at the moment as regards when it will be ready.ā€

ā€œItā€™s likely to be another version, but I canā€™t confirm that yet.ā€

ā€œEither way, it will not be on Steam. Thatā€™s guaranteed.ā€

3 Likes

I fired up OrbX Direct, and Burbank has now been released.

Also, an unexpected gift, OG20 Fairways, a small airport in Oregon.

5 Likes