MSFS Add-Ons & Releases

Very Nice large airport! (WIP)

https://flightsim.to/file/25649/kdtw-detroit-metro-wayne-dev-0-1

3 Likes

Really looking forward to both aircraft. I got to fly the 35 cockpit sim once and it’s pretty much as you say. Rock solid in the hover.

My old squadron flew the F3F-2. In fact the one in the Museum of Naval Aviation has her in my squadron’s colors.

And now, they fly the F-35. Kind of historical bookends in a way.

1 Like

I’m sure for you, the F35B must seem like cheating when it comes to STOVL… :rofl:

I have had a few CTD’s in the F35 now (along with a lot of others it seems). The problem is there doesn’t seem to be a constant theme to the issue. Still, it is a lot of fun to fly (especially in VR) up until a CTD happens.

I haven’t picked up the F3F-2 yet. Between the F35 and the Discus glider, I think I have enough to keep me occupied for the moment :wink: .

2 Likes

Haha! Well I won’t lie, It does a little. :joy:

But what a great capability.

1 Like

I flew the F-35C last night for about 1.5 hours in VR sightseeing between SAN and LAX. The view in VR is spectacular. It really is.

About the only complaint that I’ve had at this point is that the HMDS is basically a HUD in VR mode and not being able to change the display color. That green gets pretty washed out in the day. Also, on the A/P pop-up page, if I click ALT and type in an altitude like 7000, how do you “press” enter? There is no ENT button on this display, like there is on the Barometer Settings page. Maybe I’m doing it out of sequence typing ALT 7-0-0-0. Maybe I should type the desired altitude and the press ALT button? Not in the sim atm.

Regardless, I have 3 kids and I will begin their cockpit orientation immediately. Hopefully, they will build so many of these things that one of them has a shot at flying one :grin:

7 Likes

Heads Up!!

Version 1.21.18.0 (Current beta build) to go live January 6th at 8:00am PT

4 Likes

Thats Nice Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

ty-sir-ah

1 Like

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

1 Like

I just downloaded the free version of Neofly and flew a handful of missions around Auckland in a Cessna 152.

It looks really fun! Might deserve its own thread.

1 Like

Yeah!

2 Likes

Prolapsed Panther.

2 Likes

You’re a bad bad man @schurem. I confess that even though I’ve been present for all 3 of our births and that the term sounded somewhat familiar, I had to Google it. Tears in my eyes.

1 Like

Here’s the new dev roadmap. Next big patch is SU8 in about 6-8 weeks. It’s features are ‘bug fixes’ rather than anything new, although the Marketplace is due an upgrade in it as well.

The next World Update is Austrailia. :australia: at the end of January, although they often slip a week.

4 Likes

I guess I didn’t know about the Fokker FVII. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes, it’s the Southern Cross transpacific Fokker, which is nice:

1 Like

Maybe another trek is in order… but the 34 and a half hour leg from Hawaii to Fiji could be a little tedious :wink: .

3 Likes

From the Flybywire Discord

Stable Version 0.7.4 Released

Our installation guide: Redirecting...

Support Guide: Redirecting...

Known Issues and Workarounds: Redirecting...

Note: Not Available on MSFS Marketplace.

2 Likes

The classic Lancaster is on the way:

7 Likes